RHD MC2 in France...

bepilot

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

Just to say everything is allright with my MC2, just having a bit ('fair' would be a better word actually) of an oil consumption with blue smoke in the revs, my compressions engine hot are:

1: 9.2 bars

2: 12

3: 11.6

4: 11.8

Here is a vid to show, with my cheapo Ebay keychaincam and SD card that can't cope with the framerate - exhaust is still stock, just decatted:

-LM1XFPJIgM

I suspect worn piston rings on nr 1, so this week I'll put some thicker oil (cheapo 5W50 synthetic) and some product that should help to stop it, although I'm not very convinced of it, just cross my fingers it won't do any harm to the internals of the engine... One of my friends told me it could also be the valve seals, as I can smell the burning oil in car, but I don't know how much that kind of problem is oil-consuming...

Otherwise, front springs of the MeisterR coilovers will be probably swapped over with 10kg/mm ones (iso of the 8/6 combo I have now) and rear ARB finally fitted during summer holidays.

Here a latest pic with another new boot as I crushed one into a little tree 2 months ago :oops:

berre2.jpg

Enjoy the 2.0i TD badge now crazy.gif1

I had to replace my piston rings. you won't do any harm to the engine running it like it is. It'd just oil coming up into the head and burning out the exhaust. I ran mine like that for a year before the engine was rebuilt.

I had to replace my piston rings. you won't do any harm to the engine running it like it is. It'd just oil coming up into the head and burning out the exhaust. I ran mine like that for a year before the engine was rebuilt.

my last MB6 back in 2007 was like this and it turned out to be the big end bearings were sticking, heating up to the point the oil was burning internally before it got to the chambers. i lost compression in one cylinder one day to find the exhaust valve on cylinderr2 had shattered so rebuild the head and then the bigend bearing casing shattered about 10 days after that. so ended up breaking the car for parts. shame really as only had 108k miles on it and it was in pirates black(lovely colour) i would check the head, pistons and crankshaft if i was you.

Archived