RHD MC2 in France...

bepilot

Finally got some time to present you my MC2 I bought in your lovely country end of March.

I had the opportunity to get to the UK for free through my work, so after spotting some examples on gumtree, pistonheads and Autotrader I decided for a 100k miles silver MC2 with zero paperwork for very cheap (well, tbh at least according my french standards :lol: ) with some aesthetically bodywork mishaps, nothing really major...

It will need major TLC to get it rocking again in a reliable manner - apart from modifying the airbox by removing all resonators and adding some rear engine mount bolts (they were simply missing :shock: ), this will be done rather rapidly...

Images!

Engine bay, rocker cover will be resprayed while doing the timebelt-waterpump thing...

enginex.jpg

In the Dover queue waiting to board the ferry to France...

boat1.jpg

Rear drivers door, I got one from a local breaker nearby but...

bingdoor.jpg

... no chance, I picked up a wrong color one, only found out once in France :oops:

mc2doorsac.jpg

Sagged bumper and dented boot...

bingcoffre.jpg

I'm almost done for the all the paperwork to get it registred here in France, I'll be sending a letter to Honda UK for the certificate of conformity (COC) tomorrow after some email exchanges, and this evening I get LHD-headlights from a fellow MB6 owner locally and a km/h cluster to avoid me getting caught by speed-traps :lol:

No big mods intented as with my S13 as this will be my daily drive, but some projects anyways...

Anyways, all used-tired stuff will be replaced by sportier equivalents (OEM too expensive huh ;) )

- new tires, rims repaint + alignement

- I'll see what my mum can do for those fabric door cards as those are bubbling... anyone tried something already with some fabric and good results? on the french mb forum they just take it off, but the result is a bit too 'naked' in my opinion... not cosy enough....

- adjustable decat

- shocks + 30mm lowering springs should MOT fail with the actual ones

Voilà ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks like a good base to start from mate, glad you found one. Engine bay looks spotlessly clean! I'm sure with some tlc, the little blemishes will be gone, and you'll be a very happy M' Owner 8-) Love the MC2's proper wolf in sheeps clothing!! Keep us updated with your progress mate ;)

• 3 weeks later...

A few updates, still waiting for the missing paperwork, the COC from Honda UK.

I will pass the french MOT Monday and change those cheapo tyres (Matador and Power-aid with H load-index boooh), prolly all Hankook Ventus V12.

Done:

- Clusterswap, local deal that came in handy, avoids me putting plasma tuning gauges on the mph-ones.

Kmh is a bit more practical here. Mileage approx. the same

clusterswap.jpg

kmhcluster.jpg

- OEM Airfilter with resonators removed, fuelfilter, NGK sparkplugs, rocker cover breathing filter...

Here the looks of my ex-cabin air filter, I created a nice little autumn storm with filter out and full ventilation speed :lol:

filtrehabitacle.jpg

- Replaced my LHD headlights fresnel lenses with a pair of RHD ones, included a bit off fiddling with opening the headlights as the exchange examples had a bad experience with thinner on them on the outside :?

frontbumper.jpg

To do (still...):

- Cambelt change, rocker cover will be wrinkle red, that's decided (will add some colour in the bay at least, a bit dull now)

- Tegiwa decat 2.25" to be ordered soon

- Any feedback on this suspension combo? Or cheaper alternatives with same quality?

Bilstein B4 (stock OEM like not sport like B6 and so on) and Eibach (-30mm) springs

This combo is sold onder ref EUB4-HO12E and costs 433eu (380£) delivred here in france...

• 1 month later...

Not much news apart tires fitted and a quick alignement was necessary, I'm still waiting for my suspension + lowering springs I mentioned in the post above but they are in back order.

After seeing this and having some engine-hop too:

mc2reartrarmcracked.jpg

I decided to make a little detour at the energy-suspension website and ordered all these, in black of course:

Engine Torque mounts: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=16%2E1106

Engine Mounts: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=85018502

the trailing arm bushes of course: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=16%2E7106

and the full civic kit while we are at it, apparently this one should do the trick on our mb-mc's:

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=16%2E18103

so the postman delivred me all this, checked all references, seems ok!

energykit.jpg

wow!!!!!!should sort things out big time mate :D

been looking for spring isolators found your attachments helpfull :P jdm

looks like your gonna be bizzy mate one of my new ones sraight away> :( dont like being jacked up do they!! it just tears them to bits? :shock::cry: will have to do like this upgrade next though !!!!=t,,arms that is . 1"£££$££"!!

I was just wondering if these bushes have been replaced yet. I am very interested in the rear trailing arm bushes and just wanted to check that they are a definate 100% fit ??.

Not sraight fit you have to use inner and outer part of old bush mate thaats what put me offt doin it but!!keepinn my old bits off bush for fitting @later date 8-)

Archived