Alternator gone?

Dexter

I haven't noticed anything out of the oridinary about any electric devices, except the drivers power lock sometimes needs a couple of turns before it locks everything. But it's been like that for over a year now allready.

I'll give the spare battery a full charge today with the intelligent charger and then try a load test... fingers crossed! Otherwise it's power drainer search time i guess...

...unless i have 2 duff batteries, i guess it's possible! I can probably source another spare somewhere, charge and load it and see what happens.

I got it charged up, took over 24h but it's holding load now :). I'm trying it out tomorrow but i'm also getting a booster, just in case..

• Like 1

...and it didn't start the car. So i sourced a third one, and after a proper charge it indeed worked! So it was all down to me having 2 duff batteries, and not believing it :D! I bought a cheap 65€ battery for now but it comes with a 3 year guarantee, which is rather good in case my car has developed some kind of electrical fault that drains batteries. Haven't driven since friday, so keeping my fingers crossed it's still working tomorrow when i leave for work!

Yeah i can't believe what a good car the deck's been, had it for over 6 years now and the only parts i've had to replace worth mentioning because they broke have been the clutch, an abs sensor, one driveshaft gaiter and now the battery. Not bad for a car of 18 years and 230,000km on the clock  8-).