New civic type R - Brochure vid added

VTISmichael

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in and saw it twice now. It does look a lot better in the metal than in the photos, but to me Honda have stupidly "flawed" it. They decided to make the new TypeR a 5 door, so it's more practical and suited to everyone. Then why oh why.........................only 2 seatbelts in the rear?????? What the hell is the point of making it a 5 door (and therfore heavier) if it's only gonna be a 4 seater. Seems totally nuts to me. The FN2 is the same.........only two belts, but the TypeS has 3.

Them tyres! Designed and made specificaly for the new TypeR, *Honda recommend and advise not to change these for any other tyre, because they are specific to the car and it's handling. They cost around £300-£400 each, and you get 6000 miles out of them! So reckon on at least £1200 a year on tyres if you drive the uk average of 12000 miles a year. Oh, and dealers have been advised to inform new owners that the car can be dodgy in the wet! Due to said tyres being designed for dry roads (and a certain dry road in Germany at that!) they are more like road legal slicks. So customers are being advised that if driving on roads that have a fair bit of surface water, the car WILL aquaplane! They build the car in Britain, for British roads, British weather and the car is dodgy in the rain/wet conditions??? FFS, we have rain most of the year in the UK!! Christ knows what it would be like in the snow then!!

Having been in the new TypeR, it's nice yeah, but doubt I'll be buying one. Maybe in a few years time when they reach sensible money, but not now.

* Honda obviously will have some deal going with Pirelli so will want to keep customers buying that tyre

lol I know Krzys, just thinking about other customers who may not be so clued up as us. They'd probably take it as gospel that they have to use those tyres. I'd be chopping them in for Conti's or GoodYears when they needed changing.

Thats some gd info, i did mention to the rep that i wasnt to sure as it was a 5 door but actually its fine, it works for me anyway. I would just change the wheels completely and have toyo's or rainsports fitted. As for seats i would get the non gt model which proby doesnt have back seats at all so problem solved lol

Here's a sort of time attack/touring car pic for enjoyment!!

2015-Honda-Civic-Type-R-High-Definition-

• Like 1

I was in honda again today, asked the tech bloke about the tyres dave, he said honda are only recommending those tyres indeed, i said they were like £350 ? and he thought that was a gd price!? Anyway i said ive heard its bad in the wet and he's only driven it in the dry so far but i believe you dave, i also mentioned they only last 6k miles right ? The tech said they've had it 2 months with only 3k on it and he thinks they need changing soon!! WACK11111 lol but said they are waiting to hear from HQ if they can fit a harder compounds, would be a much better option! I also asked if say i fitted different tyres would that foul the warrenty and he said proby not but would be a quick get out cluase if something went wrong.

Still doesnt put me off :P

I'd love to hear that argument

But sir, we told you that using different tyres would affect the great handling..

Yes, but you also told me that those tyres are basically unsafe in the wet..

:roll:

• 3 weeks later...