Skunk/Blox Intake Manifold B18

JK1245

Hello, any owners on here running a Skunk2 or Blox IM on their C4? I've just fitted mine and it has a map to suit but in all honesty it feels slower than with the stock mani?? I'm not sure whether this is a placebo effect because I've potentially got more torque and power throughout the rev range because there is definitely less of a kick when vtec comes in now.

Supporting mods are 62mm (I think) Dc2 throttle body, PW JDM intake, 2.25" mani/decat/exhaust and a p28 mapped on chrome with Vtec coming in at 5.1K and a redline set at 8.5k. If there is a difference in performance it is very minimal, but when speaking to Scott from Htune I was given the impression there should be very noticeable changes with the C4 when going with an aftermarket manifold. 

Does anyone who has one fitted have a picture so I can make sure all the pipes are routed to the right location? When I let off the accelerator at high revs there is a big ptsh kind of noise which sounds like air is being purged and under acceleration there is a whistle. Just wondering whether its been fit wrong.

Thanks.

Had mine fitted wrong for ages,dont think I was getting any ignition advance..and never felt much gain as you..

got skunk2 tuner 1 cams in mine and teg airbox,dc mani,tegR Bpipe ,twin loop muffler,decat.

8900rpm I don't rev that high<standard valve springs> and 5100 vtec I think, <chip was from USA>. 

its running very rich on the ecu at low cam,goes well to full rpm on second cam ,set psi higher with a regulator ,ignition set to oem spec.

a remap on dyno would be the way for me to sort fuel/ign and at £360 will wait until I am rich ..

hope this link helps anyway.

edit: pictures are out of date now cry.gif1

http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/official-diy-skunk2-intake-manifold-install-gsr.108068/

I would say go get it mapped properly on a dyno or live from anywhere else other than H Tune. Also changing the inlet changes the characteristic of the engine as it's completely different from the OEM one which has better low/mid range torque.

Haha, the map is a H-tune base one so I'm thinking maybe it's time to take the plunge and spend on a proper map. Thanks for the helps boys, much appreciated. 

@noodels how are the Skunk 2 tuner 1 cams matey? Are they ok for a DD troquewise? As Krzy said, the car has very little torque low down now and I don't want to make that worse if I can help it  WACK11111