Honda CR-V

philgor

• 3 weeks later...

Well this has gone and gotten interesting. Was at a roundabout yesterday, p**sing down with rain, went to pull out in to a gap, that then disappeared due to a car bombing round the roundabout. Next thing I know, had an audi a4 in the back of the car. 

The other driver had admitted liability, judging by the fact that his insurance company has offered to fix mine. 

It's going in on Friday to be assessed and repaired. 

IMG-20160404-WA0005.jpeg

Hoping to get one of these for the wife at some point if she stops being an idiot and thinking her focus is a "good car".

Originally wanted an xtrail but they seem to fetch higher prices and the 2.5s are hard to come by..

A mate of mine asked me about them the other day, so I put a few words together and came up with this...

For a start, mines a 2.0ltr petrol automatic. So I'm only doing about 25mpg on combined driving, 

A 2.2 diesel is available but it has its issues with the clutch and turbo.

Driving,  it's a nice comfy cruiser, and it has some get up and go when needed. 

Space, I only just fit in the drivers seat, due to leg room, there are cubby holes every where, and a wet storage area underneath the boot floor.

All the seats adjust fore and back and all of them recline. 

The boot isn't the biggest in its class and the rear seats don't fold flat. 

Off road, really don't know what there like, but they seem to be one of the better ones out there, look on you tube, that'll give you an idea.

Cruse control is brilliant. Especially with an auto, set ya speed and leave it to it. 

If you do look at one, look at getting an 2005 onwards one, as there face-lifted with better spec. Such as the diesel model being available and a 6spd manual over a 5 spd.

Unlucky Phil, but at least the Audi driver fessed up (although no matter what he did, he would have got the blame anyways as he ran into the back of you). How bad was the damage? Doesn't look too bad in the photo. Sturdy old bus the CRV! Mind claim your excess back too mate!

4 hours ago, Dave said:

Unlucky Phil, but at least the Audi driver fessed up (although no matter what he did, he would have got the blame anyways as he ran into the back of you). How bad was the damage? Doesn't look too bad in the photo. Sturdy old bus the CRV! Mind claim your excess back too mate!

Still waiting on the insurance company/repair agency/approved repairer to pull their finger out of their arse. And talk to me about repairing it

Anyway, not paid any excess, I've even had the other drivers insurance company on the phone offering to sort mine out. 

Took it to be assessed last Friday, wants a new bumper, crash bar and door. I did a bit of digging myself, with a lot of help from Alex, (cheers mate!) and the parts alone are pushing 1500quid... 

I'm not sure whats gonna happen. But I've decided that if they can't guarantee that it'll be fixed by the 23rd. They won't be getting it till 9th may. I've got too much stuff and to carry in the next 3wks to have some s**t box rental car.