Stiff linkage/gear selection

marv

Hi guys, just picked up my mb6 and I noticed on the test drive and drive home that it's stiff selecting gears. I thought it was maybe the bottom bolt on the short shifter being tight but I just checked and it's ok. It has a short throw as expected but just stuff selecting gears. Any ideas?

6 hours ago, dogg1210 said:

Mines Is the same mate sometimes it's stiff sometimes it's not 

Aye I drove it today and felt better lol il maybe take it off and grease the moving parts. Just fitted my dished Kode steering wheel and I'm loving driving it :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dogg1210 said:

Nice ma brother had a deep dish kode on his deck, sold car to breaker near Falkirk didn't have it left tho lol 

It's a lot nicer to drive with this steering wheel like. Iv noticed the gear change seems stiffer once warm. I know it's just had new shafts fitted so might be low on oil. I have some decent oil so I'm gonna drain and swap it and see if it helps.

Could well be low on oil mate so make that your first port of call. Change the oil as these boxes love fresh oil! If that doesn't cure it, if you can, get hold of a standard shift and swap out the short shifter, see if it's maybe that that's at fault. If still the same, have a lookat where the selector goes into the box, make sure alls well there. If still the same, could be clutch/release bearing worn. I now Ruby had a really stiff gear change just before the clutch went (well, I say went, i changed it just in time! It fell to pieces when they removed it!) but felt like a whole new car with a new clutch fitted. Gear changes were precise and smooth.

Need to update your profile too now if you have an MB6! lol Looking forward to seeing this one soon bud. Might need to get a few members together for a wee jaunt now the better weathers here.