Evap hose to throttle body

JK1245

Question

Hi guys, today I swapped my throttle body to a UK DC2 one which doesn't have the nipple to connect the EVAP hose which usually connects to the top of the tb. Would this cause a hunting idle and if so, is there anywhere else I can plumb this into?

5 answers to this question

I cannot visualise how the system works anymore. I removed it all a long time ago. Although if I remember correctly there's an evap purge solenoid and only allow the system to vent when the solenoid is open anyway. So I wouldn't expect it cause an idle issue. Try plugging the hose and see if that affects your hunting idle.

• Like 1

Nice one Kink, that solved it mate :) Before I plugged it up though, the engine bay was stinking of petrol, do you reckon it will be a problem if I keep it blocked up? 

@dr_broon No problems mate, what I used was a P73 throttle bracket that bolted onto the manifold http://h-tune.co.uk/genuine-honda-throttle-cable-bracket-b-series/ and then an EK4/9 throttle cable.