fyfie5

Jeep grand Cherokee WJ 4.7 V8

Hi guys, so after selling my 300zx and a brief spell with a lovely gold Volvo s40 1.8 I sold that as well and thought about getting a winter car, why not one with a v8? so here my 2000 grand Cherokee that I got for a steal! it needed a new engine sump which ive done and replaced oil and filter, and a new radiator which ive also done now she's running sweet, also came with roof bars so ive fitted my bike rack to it. its the comfiest car ive ever driven, it is my only car right now and its automatic but luckily my job allows me to drive manual cars everyday so I don't lose my touch haha in the spring this will get stored away for summer and ill be getting something else. (probably something that goes around corners faster than this) and yes its very thirsty before you ask lol let me know what you guys think!

IMG_20160831_084223.jpg

IMG_20161126_151718.jpg

I recently got the exhaust shop to remove the only silencer the car had (it was huge, about 3ft long) and now it sounds amazing! still has 2 pre cats in the down pipes and a main cat after but has a proper v8 growl now, how can I get a video up on here again?

Looks tidy. 

Lad at work had one with a gas conversion. He stuck loads of miles on it. 

Looks tidy. 

4 hours ago, UnicyclingTom said:

Mate, I didn't know you enjoyed sailing! :D

haha she is quite a boat

23 minutes ago, dr_broon said:

Looks tidy. 

cheers, im lucky mine doesn't have a conversion done, nearest lpg station is like 20 miles away from me

haha love the torque it has (300ft/lb) and the heated seats are nice in the morning! got a gearbox sump coming for it as it needs replaced and ill do gearbox oil at the same time, and some front speakers as I think they are blown.

passed! only one advisory, anti roll bar bush so nothing to worry about!

• Like 2

Nice one :)

Always good to get a clean bill of health. 

Has it made you sea sick yet?

Does it always somehow end up at a mc donnalds drive through?

That's pretty damn good mate, just one advisory is excellent. Mot times always a worry! Think the drop links on the mini might need doing before the MOT comes up but other than that hope the MOT goes like yours!

haha mpg isn't too bad, averaging low 20's a bit more on a motorway run and I don't do mega miles so the fuel bill is tame, it is quite boaty cant go too fast round bends, had death wobble as they call it a few times lol

5 hours ago, Dave said:

That's pretty damn good mate, just one advisory is excellent. Mot times always a worry! Think the drop links on the mini might need doing before the MOT comes up but other than that hope the MOT goes like yours!

thanks dave! im so pleased, good luck with yours, your mini isn't as old as my jeep so should hopefully be alright!

I know one of the drop links has started to go on Bob, other than that I'm confident I'll have a third successive year of no advisories when it comes to MOT time in March.

dam you've had it that long! its done well, how's the track car coming along?

17 hours ago, fyfie5 said:

dam you've had it that long! its done well, how's the track car coming along?

I'm shocked too mate, will be the longest I've kept a car soon!

Dave (the track car) is good, got a few TLC bits to do before his next outing in March. Last time out at Cadwell we split an engine mount, split the air intake pipe and we've killed the rear discs and pads. Also want to change the oil and check the brake fluid too.