Totally lost with water leak :\

mokus

Question

There are  some updates. I just bought the fuel pipe cover, fitted, went to car wash, and its still leaking on both rear sides.

Rear lights are dry, its look like water comes from arches or above... both sides leaking a bit. I dont know what to dooo :(

Car was totally apart, rear arches are welded shorter so i woudnt have to roll (also sealed). I dont see water from the rubbers,.. those seals fine. but something is wrong.

mb6 vti, with sunroof (checked the tubes, air blows over)

(on the pic, thats not watermark on the sidewall, the yellowish stuff, thats cavity protection)

20170212_103820.jpg

7 answers to this question

Looking at where the water is in photo, I'd say it is to be the arch mate. From what you say, I gather the arch lips have been cut off and then the inner/outer arches welded together? The only other place I can think of is under the gutter strips on roof. My type r had a leak there which soaked the inner quarter panel and rear seat belt. Lol the plastic gutter cover off and check for any breaks in the seals.

Yes, the outer and inner arch cutted shorter, and welded over. it has something like 4 or 5 mm lip top, at the arches.

Both arches had protection with paint and underseal. And for a try, I just splashed water on the rear half of the car. Didnt splash it in the arches, so I dont think it could go in anyway :\ I try the covers then

• Like 1

cleaned a bit, right side has some holes that I can see (marked with red arrows), but on the left, where is more water leaking in, I dont see it, maybe you see if its faulty :\

right side:

20170212_172652.jpg.5cca9923698100ae6645db505c982f6e.jpg

left side:

20170212_172808.jpg.82bc410b8fbc59b93046988ac20812dd.jpg

Sealed the surfaces shown on photo.

First water test was good. right side is dry, left side still has leaked water, but less than last time :) i seal more on the left, and hope mistery is solved :)

Problem gone. Just for the info, it was from the roof rails, but also leaked from the fuel cap area. Under the fuel cap, U can see where the body is connected. If I remember back to rebuild, I sanded that area a bit, also had a bit rust at the connection point. i think i damaged the seal there while removing the rusty spot.

Now its sealed. tested, no water leaks. Only the paint correction process left on sealed spots.