Whats the deal with photobucket?

Dave

So when I go to the app to try and download my pics, and click on a picture to view it, I get the same flipping message about 3rd party links and no picture! What the actual f**k?!?

• Like 1

i know mate, its a total pain in the ass! Was stupid of them as it just means most folk will just dump them now, noone in their right mind will pay that just to host images.

luckily its easy to upload the images straight to the forum, but a ball ache for all the images we've previously hosted there on pb :wacko:

Had a look at lunchtime and it looks like I can download them on a pc, so will do that tonight. 

Think that their servers might be a bit busy with others doing the same though.. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Thread revival **stand clear**

Photobucket no longer trying to get people to pay a ridiculous amount for image hosting and have binned the CEO who did it. 

Happy days for all those old build threads and how to's!

idea.gif1

• Like 1

I stopped using photobucket years ago, I just upload my photos to Civic5 then if posting them on any other sites (that unlike here, don't allow uploads, only links) I just copy the image link from here to the site I'm posting on. Least that way the images will always be available (unless the day comes when we decide to close Civic5)

Used to like PB, but when that CEO decided to make us pay (and held a gun to our heads by killing all the photo links we already shared) that was it for me. Too many adverts on PB too now, just slows the whole site down.