My Ibiza 1.9 TDI FR - LCR Splitter fitted 20/03/2014

Sarahfr

Ouch. I put a set a volks on a previous civic, spend muchos monies on them.

Driving home from nightshift, dosed off... gently drifted into the nearside kerb!

I survived, the wheels on passenger side totally ruined!

Less than 24 hours! much gutted!

Can't you just patch it up? It's only noticeable because of the black rim, try colouring it in to see how bad it looks before spending the cash on refurb?

He's only going to charge me £60 & that's with touching up a scratch over my fuel cap - that someone kindly added to it whilst in the car park at work. So not that much really. Just got to wait until Friday & then see if it's a decent job :)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Im right in saying the Ibiza has beam type suspension on the rear, so it has a different set up for the suspension, its not independant like ours. This requires a different set up for the roll bar. ;)

Looks cool Sarah, have you noticed a difference? 8-)

• 2 weeks later...
I think Im right in saying the Ibiza has beam type suspension on the rear, so it has a different set up for the suspension, its not independant like ours. This requires a different set up for the roll bar. ;)

Looks cool Sarah, have you noticed a difference? 8-)

What a difference the Arb has made, along with the light weight wheels. Can't half go round corners without braking :)

Right guys, panic over. I had my wheel repaired on Friday - he's done a good job can only see it if pointed out! and to top it all work paid half towards it as i was running an errand for them, so only cost £30. :)

Will only be parking 4ft away from kerbs from now on!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Not done much to the car and i know some of you have alredy seen this on the Pan Penine loop.

I decided to take the original grill off & replace it with a de badged one.

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

I also put a short stubby aerial on, but can't get any reception & i do like my traffic reports. I've had to replace it with a Richbrook fin, still not much better. So i'm now on the look out for a short aerial that picks up.

Still got my splitter to put on, when i get round to spraying it.

I'll keep you posted ;)

Archived