MB6 turbo ecu chip wiped?

LurkinClassHeroes

Question

Hi all. I’m new here. 

I have a modified 1997 Honda Civic mb6 with a b18c4 that I did a turbo conversion on stock internals. 

List is:

T3/T4 turbo, turbosmart wastegate, fmi, bov, 550cc evo injectors, resistor box, walbro fuel pump(not installed yet), fpr, GReddy electronic boost controller(not wired in yet), Speed factory 4bar map sensor, stage 3 clutch, arp headstuds. 

Engine management wise I bought a chipped p28 ecu with a base map from h-tune, plugged it in and all was fine. Running well etc. Only drove a small amount and never over 5k rpm just to test as needs to be tuned.

One night I left the lights on a drained the battery, not even the clock was showing. I replaced the battery and since then it’s thrown an eml. 

The fault code reads map sensor but it’s brand new. 

If I turn the car on with the map sensor plugged in it’s starts but immediately dies, if I unplug the map sensor it’s starts and idles fine but is running rich. Is it possible that the map could have been wiped? Or ecu burnt out? 

I’ve done all the work/mods to the car myself but I am stuck and don’t know how to fix this issue. 

I am now swallowing my pride and asking for help. 

can anyone help? 

Thanks in advance. 

Steve

2 answers to this question

Sounds strange. One way to test would be to get another map sensor just to see if code still comes up. Rich from Dynodaze (used to be a moderator on here and now co owns Dynodaze) built a B20 Turbo, might be an idea to give him a shout as he knows all about turboing the B series and also mapping. His user name on here is civicturbo79 although might be quicker messaging him through dynodaze facebook (tell him Dave from civic5 sent you 8-))