What are these buttons?

dr_broon

Question

Dawns_aerodeck_heater_surrounds (1).jpg

They are indeed for the heated seats mate (which ours never got! Looks like it may have just been the rover 400 that had the option of heated seats as I can't see it listed in the options for our civics anywhere, hence we wee left with the blanking covers.) The pic above shows DD's dash. I fitted the switches as we were gonna get the seats heated, but then decided against it as she wasn't going to be  a daily. Now that she is a daily driver, we're thinking about getting the heated seat elements fitted as the leather is uber cold on the bum on a winters morning!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dr_broon said:

Cheers Dave.. Thought that they were. 

Out of interest, is there wiring / connectors there? Not planning on heated seats, just toying with re - jigging the dash a bit. 

Nah mate, no wiring or connectors there. Would have been a small separate loom for the seats themselves. Could probably get one from a rover 400 but needs to be before the BMW takeover as the wiring/connectors changed to BMW ones after that.

Just now, Dave said:

Nah mate, no wiring or connectors there. Would have been a small separate loom for the seats themselves. Could probably get one from a rover 400 but needs to be before the BMW takeover as the wiring/connectors changed to BMW ones after that.

Roger that. :geek:

I'm planning on moving the rear screen button and maybe the hazard switch down there. Might try butchering the old switches (I'm sure I've got some spare spares somewhere). 

I've got a stock of all spare MB/MC switches mate if you're needing any. Why you moving the heated window/hazard switch down there? You fitting guages or going to try a double din conversion? I did think about going up the way instead of down for the double din I'm planning (ordered the cage so i can get the sizes right) but not enough room going up.

• Like 1

I'm going to be doing a tablet install to run android auto connected to my phone. 

I used to have a phone holder where the clock was, but it always bugged me a bit that it got in the way of the buttons, and as my phone got bigger and bigger, it got worse. 

20110701_001b.jpg.b8e22a2d2b93e141dcd8213446a68049.jpg

20110701_003b.jpg.84082f9dda141d600f5671863ae70177.jpg

20110701_002b.thumb.jpg.826ace9468574ef1d101be9d1104c4a2.jpg

It's an old 7" tablet, and it's more phone shaped than Ipad shaped (longer instead of squarer), so I'm thinking of shifting the buttons down, and making a bit of a cowl to go over it to avoid glare. 

It's a good spot for using the satnav at a glance. 

• Like 1

I had a good look around coz I'm sure that I've got a spare hazard switch somewhere, but only found an ac one in the shed and a dash dimmer in the garage... Must be in a box in the loft. 

The AC one has come to bits quite nicely, so I'm hoping that I can swap the gubbins around. LRM_20210102_152650.jpg

• Like 1

That would be awesome if you can swap the insides of the buttons round mate! Would like to move my two down beside those buttons as I think it would look nicer with all the buttons together.

Liking the idea of the tablet, should look sweet. Only thing you'll need to watch is its proximity to those to dash vents as they could cause an issue when blowing hot? Mind you, you can flick the wee button between the vents to blow cold all the time.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was looking at pictures of the heated seat switches on ebay and thought that the body of the switch looked very similar in size, and then noticed that it looked like the front might come off. Even better that the whole thing comes to bits. Need to double check against the actual rear screen and hazard switch though. 

I'm planning on making a mini binnacle type thing to sit below the vents, so that should help with the heat.. Not that my heaters get that hot anyway :lol:

4 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Not that my heaters get that hot anyway :lol:

lol, DD's heaters get so hot we cook! Have to turn them down, even in this very cold weather.