So, as I've just posted in my thread, it seems that a good place to start in trying to track down a boot leak is the same as a known defect on the Jazz. 

It's described pretty well in the thread on this forum post below, but I'll copy it in case it ever disappears. 

From reading the Jazz forums, folk are saying that it's happened to eg civics the same way. 

Fingers crossed this has fixed it - I'll keep an eye on it that's for sure. 

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=9460.0

#1 Unclip gutter trim on drivers side (UK) by pushing back at end while trying to lift about 6" further back.
#2 Peel back and unclip at other end.
#3 Remove slime and debris from gutter.  Find tiny crack and test it with a paint brush bristle.
#4 Wonder how on earth so much water can get through such a tiny crack.
#5 Scrape out old filler from panel join in last inch of gutter.
#6 Wonder why they built it with a gap at the end.
#7 Mask area with tape.
#8 Fill with polyurethane sealant like this: https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p67949  (NOT silicone!)
#9 Smooth over with plastic offcut then cover with touch up paint when set.
#10 Marvel at dry boot, think about replacing rusty jack.

• Dave unpinned this topic
  • 9 months later...

Similar water leak problem on my deck which I think I discussed on a (much) earlier post.

Still haven't fixed it but the suggestion of of a bad body seam under the gutter rail is worth investigating.

Thought I had found other bad body seams. Open the back hatch and you will see in the 2 top corners of the body opening, seams that run vertically from near the roof to near the hatch rubber seal. On mine the seam sealer on these seams appeared to be dried out and cracked. So, applied some black seam sealer over the old stuff.

Didn't fix the problem but might have reduced the leak a bit ?