Ma8 driver side window

Pipo

Question

Hey guys new to the scene not long got my honda civic ma 47k miles

Had a issue with the driver side window coming  out of its rail. And now goes back up at a angle. Managed to close the window while forcing it back it to place.

A few people who own hondas around me said it should be a easy fix. 

Took it to a garage today. They stated that all the mechanisms work however the rubber is destroyed from age , and that the guidance rail is also destroyed. This car has never been in a accident and was working about a month ago. They suggested I get a new door . 

I'm going to give it ago myself any tips or guides to do it would be wonderful. Or if its just worth getting a new door.

Thanks

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

@Pipo Pretty common issue on these mate. You can adjust the window from inside the door once you take the trim panel off. Been a while since I did it so can't remember off the top of my head what it is you need to do (you should be able to see all the bolts for the window channel and also the two that hold the glass to the mechanism). Pretty sure I loosened off the bolt on the glass and lowered the rear of the glass down so it didn't jump out of the runner when near the top (assuming yours is jumping out of the runner towards the rear of the front door?)

• Thanks 1

Something to look out for is the scissor type arms of the window mechanism twist slightly.

If that's the case straighten them should resolve the problem.

At the same time grease the rubber channel with silicone grease, as I think the twisting occurs when the glass is struggling to slide up the channel.

• Like 2