dr_broon

Am I right in thinking that the only difference fitment wise for dc2 shocks is the forks on the rears? 

When I got the skunk LCAs fitted they needed to machine the bush down to be able to fit the shocks, so presumably the LCAs were eg/dc2 ones. 

I've got to get some better shocks, and miss the konis I used to have, and am thinking about going down the integra route if it will work. 

8 hours ago, KiNK43 said:

Depends on the model dc2. Some have fork rear. But most of them have a bush on the shock absorber and different LCA.images.jpeg.c23dd55acf3afb02dd8948323e39b241.jpegb

Cool. I did notice that the type r / non g type r shocks were listed separately. 

Do you know about the fronts Jake? 

Guessing these ones are the fellas if they're okay for EGs as well (and the picture is right). 

Screenshot_20220629-075451.png

1 hour ago, KiNK43 said:

I'd take a guess at them being ok yeah. What springs would you use? 

There's so much guess work in modding these cars :-D I'll try and get more info before ordering anything 8-)

It'll be with my eibach ones which are for the deck. They're too much for the oem spec shocks to take, and doesn't help with them being so compressed. 

they will physically fit I'm positive of that. Only curious about the  length of the rears mainly. As the deck is bound to be heavier.

I recall using eg coilovers on my previous mb6 and they were fine but ended up being low possibly more down to the spring rate rather than the damper? 

18 minutes ago, KiNK43 said:

they will physically fit I'm positive of that. Only curious about the  length of the rears mainly. As the deck is bound to be heavier.

I recall using eg coilovers on my previous mb6 and they were fine but ended up being low possibly more down to the spring rate rather than the damper? 

Yeah, that's playing on my mind as well - there are 3 height settings on the koni rear shocks, but might not be enough to compensate.  Probably going to have to try and find out from koni... 

• Like 1