Hello i have a mb6 with the b18c4 engine i gotten the skunk2 stage 1 cams in it and a 4.2.1 manifold and a skunk2 manifold inlet . Has a toyosports exhaust 2.5 have p73 ecu also.But what can i do with the internals of the engine, id really like to get up to a type r standard and aggressiveness with out turbo.plus if yas got any advice of brake and suspension that be great also. Any advice on doing this or with i just by the engine and be done with it 

• Like 1

I'm sure that I've seen a comparison somewhere on the differences with the dc2 engine, but can't remember where... Might have just been a reply to a comment or something - I'm sure there'll be something online comparing the gsr engine to a jdm dc2 one though. 

Off the top of my head though you're looking at pistons, crankshaft, better flowing head (I'm sure that the type r ones were hand finished), valve springs, and probably more. I'd have said a custom map as well to bake sure it's working best for your setup

Jake @KiNK43 is your man here though as he just built a beast of an engine even without the turbo. 

• Like 1

Getting it mapped to suit your current setup would probably be worth looking into (though don't think the p73 can be chipped?) .. Not sure how the skunk cams compare to the itr ones in terms of behaviour so could get done gains from that. 

Didn't realise you could run a p73 on a b18c4 - guess that's with you swapping the inlet mani as well? How do you find it? Any issues? 

Theres fair bit of difference between the type r motors. Your only going to get so far with cams etc. Its very difficult to reach 200hp on c4 without major work. maybe just get there or just shy of. If have all good intake and exhaust. Cams springs etc and a map.

As for building an engine. Well you can go as mad as you like depending how deep your pockets are.

Personally turbo is a winner imo. 

Just transforms the car completely.. rather than 10-20hp after spending a fair bit of cash..depends on your preference/goals i suppose.