Honda Civic MB3 (1999) window mechanism

quinnamb3

Question

hi there! I drive a honda civic MB3 from the year 1999! original dutch car! but i'm facing a problem..

since a few weeks my windows (left front and right front) window wont go up and or down anymore, i do have to roll them up or down by hand.

the car parts shops here only sell the electric ones new and or used. but my question was, is it possible to change it from handroll to electric? and is there any chance i will find the wiring for the electric window mechanism?? please help!!!

(sorry if my english is not really as good as yours hehe)

Kind regards, Quincy Habing

added a pic of my car as well :)

Honda Civic MB3.jpg

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Nice looking MB bud. The wiring info should be in the workshop manual that you can download from this site (in the downloads section of the menu) 

For the manual winders though, take a look on rimmerbros.com for mg rover ones... 

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID003613

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@quinnamb3 As Simon says, the Honda ones will be hard to find new now but the 1995-2001 Rover 400/45 should still be available and will be a direct fit. The MGZS ones won't be there though as they never had manual windows, only electric. For converting to electric, yes it can be done. Easiest way would be to find two replacement front door that already have them,as fitting would be a tricky job. I'm doubtful the wiring will be in place though so you would also need the wiring harness from the fusebox to the doors too. Might be worthwhile checking the fuse box to see if it has the fuse slots for the electric windows as not sure if the fuse box will maybe also be different. There might also be relays to add to the fusebox to for the electric windows.Nothing is impossible though! 

Really nice MB3 you've got there, looks tidy!:cool:

• Like 1