Bosch Big Fog Lights - Help with assembly

RuifcNunes

Question

Hi there, 

Recently got a nice pair of oem Bosch Big Fog Lights for my aerodeck. However, can't seem to understand how they attach to the bumper. Has anyone got some photos of how they are assembled to the car for me to check what am I missing? 

IMG_20240414_190214.jpg

IMG_20240414_190239.jpg

7 answers to this question

It seems you might be missing some kind of plastic cowling / housing that would go around the fogs inside of the bumper hole.

And I can only speak for pre-facelift models here, but the OEM fogs would be attached from the backside of the bumper where there are a bunch of sturdy mounting points for the screws to bite into.

grafik.png.aba8a399197776b4b2b4b8a162d3f55b.png

That's the part I'm talking about, btw - that plastic trim around the projector.

On 4/16/2024 at 6:53 PM, SirPaperbag said:

It seems you might be missing some kind of plastic cowling / housing that would go around the fogs inside of the bumper hole.

And I can only speak for pre-facelift models here, but the OEM fogs would be attached from the backside of the bumper where there are a bunch of sturdy mounting points for the screws to bite into.

grafik.png.aba8a399197776b4b2b4b8a162d3f55b.png

That's the part I'm talking about, btw - that plastic trim around the projector.

I do have the plastic cowling of the version without fog lights, however In believe that the cowling doesn't affect the assembly. My problem is that the metal brackets of the fog lights don't match the holes in the bumper. I must be missing something else.. 

I've been looking around for some photos of the brackets for the standard fog lights, but had no luck. 

This diagram is for the parts (again for the standard ones, not the big fogs), but should give a bit of an idea. 

FOG-LIGHT-Honda-CIVIC-AERODECK-1998-18VTI-5-speed-manual-B__0810.jpg

Part 10 is the bracket.. From memory the 2 tabs at the sides are where the bracket screws to the bumper. 

On 4/21/2024 at 8:39 PM, dr_broon said:

I've been looking around for some photos of the brackets for the standard fog lights, but had no luck. 

This diagram is for the parts (again for the standard ones, not the big fogs), but should give a bit of an idea. 

FOG-LIGHT-Honda-CIVIC-AERODECK-1998-18VTI-5-speed-manual-B__0810.jpg

Part 10 is the bracket.. From memory the 2 tabs at the sides are where the bracket screws to the bumper. 

Hey, thanks for the help. 

The number 10 bracket does look like it would fit my bumper. However the brackets that came with the fog lights doesn't fit the bumper. 

Maybe I need that bracket to connect to the bumper and the ones I've got now will then connect to that? 

5 hours ago, dr_broon said:

Remembered that @Mickg fitted some big fogs.. There's some pics on his thread here (and on the next pages) - including one of the bracket in place. Might help

Thanks a lot! This was exactly what I needed! 

Turns out that I needed to slightly cut the bumper. 

This forum is so awesome! 😁😁

IMG_20240425_123848.jpg

• Like 1