temp getting hot, is this normal?

ep82

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well got the New alloy Rad in it it's still doing it. MAYBE it's because I still have air in the system as I needed to top the fluid up 3 hours after this vid, but I think it's something else!!!

Here is 2 quick vids to show what it's doing.

The stupid car decided to act normal when I got the camera out :evil: just 5 mins before I got the camera it was getting to 2/3 again, but it's only on 1/2 when I took this. you can see the temp drops when I rev it. ALSO normally it drops REALLY quick but it decided to drop slowly this time.

vid 1

vid 2 shows the temp rises when the rev goes up and temp drops when the rev drops.

HELP pleas... is it the water pump?

well got the New alloy Rad in it it's still doing it. MAYBE it's because I still have air in the system as I needed to top the fluid up 3 hours after this vid, but I think it's something else!!!

Here is 2 quick vids to show what it's doing.

The stupid car decided to act normal when I got the camera out :evil: just 5 mins before I got the camera it was getting to 2/3 again, but it's only on 1/2 when I took this. you can see the temp drops when I rev it. ALSO normally it drops REALLY quick but it decided to drop slowly this time.

vid 1

vid 2 shows the temp rises when the rev goes up and temp drops when the rev drops.

HELP pleas... is it the water pump?

I would try one last thing , get temp gauge sensor and fit it just incase you have a fault with yours after that , i would just do the head gasket as you have done everything else , i have never known a water pump give up on a b18 , Rich,

I would try one last thing , get temp gauge sensor and fit it just incase you have a fault with yours after that , i would just do the head gasket as you have done everything else , i have never known a water pump give up on a b18 , Rich,

Archived