temp getting hot, is this normal?

ep82

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the anwser Adam. how can I get rid of this airlock?

I went for a long drive yesterday and noticed that when I'm driving along, the car is fairly happy. Needle doesnt move (much or at all) but when it comes to a point when I was stuck in a traffic jam, the needles starts to rise (to 2/3) till I creep forward 7mph-ish (then it drops back to normal). back and forth....

Also noticed today, that when the car warms up. If I bleep the throttle lightly like upto 2k, I can see the temp needle rise abit, when the rev drop the neelde also drops. but I am talking about tiny movement

hmm i had a problem as my gauge was fluctuating but from the bottom line to half way it messed up the idle as would hold at 1.5-2k revs for about 5 seconds i changed the thermostat for a standard one and now sits on the half all day and idles sorted aswell.mine was easy to blead up.try a temp sender if does sound like a rad pos blocked as the other possibilities are sorted

I cant get hold of another Rad unless I buy one. :cry:

Do you think I could just try those Rad block stop thingys from halfords?

If I was to buy a new one, will it be best to stick with OEM or those alloy ones from ebay?

What you having going on sounds 100% like a head gasket fault , if your rad is not leaking and you have done the thermostat and coolant change and you are still having a problem , its the gasket . Rich.

$hit man!! :shock:

isnt that a major job? I hope its not the head. errrm wont I start to get mayo on the oil cap if it is? I better check tomorrow.

oh, what kinda £££ will it cost to get the head gasket changed? and how long will that take?

$hit man!! :shock:

isnt that a major job? I hope its not the head. errrm wont I start to get mayo on the oil cap if it is? I better check tomorrow.

oh, what kinda £££ will it cost to get the head gasket changed? and how long will that take?

I have never seen mayo on a civic when the gasket has gone as that only happens when the gasket blows between the water and oil ways of the block , they always seem to blow between the bore and the water way around the bores so you end up with over heating the car using water and water being blown out of the expansion bottle or even the rad exploding due to the compression from the leaking cylinder going striaght into the coolant system ,

As for a job its a big one and not for anyone thats is not good with the spanners , to cut a long story short you have got to split the engine in half . and you have to remove the timing belt and the cams and all manor of items to do the job . Rich.

Archived