temp getting hot, is this normal?

ep82

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant see that changing your airbox from your induction kit will make much difference mate to your coolant temp. Chi, when you undo the cap on your expansion bottle, (bottle next to rad), it should have a small plastic piece going through the cap. Attached to this on the inside of the bottle, should be a long rubber black hose. Is this attached?

If not, when the car heats up, it will put some of the coolant into the bottle, but when it cools down, it cant draw the coolant back into the system, sometimes causing overheating problems. To be honest I dont think this is your problem, but its something to check mate. My rubber hose had fallen into the expansion bottle when I got mine.... ;):geek:

An other way to check your head gasket is to smell you exhaust... sounds weird I know, but if it just smells like burning fuel your fine, if it smell sweet, then it could be burning coolant. (This is according to one of my mates so don't know if there is actually any truth to it.)

I think my has a simmilar problem. Temperature will go up almost to the top when in standstill. What's strange though is when I'll accelerate to about 2.5k rpm at least and keep it there for couple of seconds (still in neutral) the temp gauge will come down to a proper level. Silly eh ?

So I don't actually know if it's overheating or is it just the reading that's wrong.

Yeah Adam mate. the pipe is still attached on the cap

I am getting abit pee'd off with the car now

I think my has a simmilar problem. Temperature will go up almost to the top when in standstill. What's strange though is when I'll accelerate to about 2.5k rpm at least and keep it there for couple of seconds (still in neutral) the temp gauge will come down to a proper level. Silly eh ?

So I don't actually know if it's overheating or is it just the reading that's wrong.

Sound exactly like mine Mike. sometime when I blip the throttle the temp drops. If you managed to work out what was wrong then please let me know. that is if I havent sold the damn car by then :evil:

Thanks Rich, it's just so frustrating not to be able to pin it down. I got a friend who used to work for honda and he said he cannot see any signs for Head gasket going. he checked everything and said it seems fine. I am waiting for him to check my car for the over heating problem now.

i still think its a false reading.hav u changed the thermo sender unit yet.i know you said the needle dropped when it was disconected,which proves its working,but doesnt mean it working correctly.if it was mine thats wot id be doin.good luck.dont sell it,keep your chin up,ive been there mate ;)

Archived