temp getting hot, is this normal?

ep82

i agree esp in the engine just like nike a name for a price just an example to show you

can be got much cheaper than that

myself i would like one if my own gives up as a replacement ;) (not spoon)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Right everyone.

I am still having problems. The needle still occasionally move between 1/3 to 3/4.

I mean just occasionally, like if I go out for a 20min drive, it might fluctuate once. it will slowly gets towards HOT and then cools down again.

I have checked all water and coolant levels.

changed coolant

Fan is working

Installed a new thermostat

Water pump was newly installed about 6 months ago.

When my friend changed the new thermostat for me. as he was bleeding the rad, the temp gauge almost reached TOP but that was because the new thermostat didnt open up, once it did it dropped back down to normal.

However, when the car was sat idelling on the ramp. I can see the gauge starting to rise to about 2/3 and then the fan will kick in and it will drop back down to 1/3 again.

My friend siad this is normal as it was sat inside and all cars tends to fluctuate like this.......... Is it just me but every car I had (about 20) all seems to warm up like normal and then the needle just sit perfectly at where it should and not move!!!

Also. can I ask where does your needle sit when it gets warmed up? mine is about 1/3... is this normal?

I'l get a pic up later of mine, its about a third of the way up and never moves from that spot wether i drive it or am just parked up with the engine running..

Thats what I thought. mine is about 1/3 up. Never moved at all untill all this started.

could it be maybe the sender unit?maybe its not getting any hotter at all.could it be an occasional false reading?just a thought :ugeek:

sender unit? you mean the temp sensor plug thingy? My friend did say he could order me one of those but keep my eye on the temp gauage just incase he has fixed the prob with the thermostat.

He did try and disconnected it to see if it was working, which it was but still might be faulty, when he disconnected it, the needle just dropped all the way

thats the thing. I have checked everything listed and it's still doing it. it's not completely overheadting. just the temp needle goes upto about 2/3 way up. it's done it about 4 times since but only after about 20 mins drive

Archived