slammed b20 deck /gone now/

prezes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looking sweet dude 8-)

what happened to the heater controls? Is that with blue leds in? I'm doing mine with red ones as soon as they come from ebay... :)

What I've done is I tried to sand them down as the gauges to get rid of the orange... And it won't work :P The symbols got sanded as well haha :D so I replaced with white leds and will replace the heater controls with new one in some time.

mm i like that may do mine blue to go with the rest of my blue well done so how did you do the blue switch's :D

THe tricky bit is that you need to get rid of the orange surface from inside of the switches. It's way to small to sand it down by hand but luckily I had a small drill sort of thing that I used to clean off the scratches on the alloys and it worked spot on :P

Ok, another update. I have changed the dashboard bulbs over the weekend. I've used the sub-miniature bulbs from maplins but tbh I'm not very happy with them. THey're not quite strong enough but I'm on the lookout for some led's which will be stronger.

Also for some unknown reason the front fog lights switch was nice and blue for some time but then became light blue... On top of this I wanted to have the heater controls blue (silly me) and tried sanding them as the clocks.... YOu can see the effect ahahah ... WIll change for a new one with new bulbs :P

there is a white dial set on ebay for £40, with adjustable backlight color if this helps, might get one for mine. has anyone tried these?

see below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3D1&_rdc=1

Ok, another update. I have changed the dashboard bulbs over the weekend. I've used the sub-miniature bulbs from maplins but tbh I'm not very happy with them. THey're not quite strong enough but I'm on the lookout for some led's which will be stronger.

Also for some unknown reason the front fog lights switch was nice and blue for some time but then became light blue... On top of this I wanted to have the heater controls blue (silly me) and tried sanding them as the clocks.... YOu can see the effect ahahah ... WIll change for a new one with new bulbs :P

there is a white dial set on ebay for £40, with adjustable backlight color if this helps, might get one for mine. has anyone tried these?

see below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3D1&_rdc=1

if you check out the mad kiwi project thread he has the plasmaglow dial kit in his.. does look amazing.. wouldnt mind them in mine tbh..

Archived