drwotsit

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have to say skoda do a good job of been cheap and not a badge

they are too different cakes though

get the badge and get pictures of the badge in the car and his reaction

Cheers guys. Now where do I get a Skoda badge.. :D

It really is a shame people still think like this. Surely its only the truely ignorant who think of skoda like that?

Skoda are easily a match for the likes of ford, vauxhall, honda, toyota, nissan etc nowadays. I spent today in the VW uk HQ and some of the skoda's dotted about the place looked very nice cars

back on topic: He's full of cr*p lol

• 4 weeks later...

your mate is confused. Honda Civic shares alot with the Rover 400. Now the rover 400 has a rover engine built by rover which blows head gaskets, however the CIVIC uses japanese honda engines which are bullet proof and super reliable. So the rover 400 using rover engine and gearboxes is a very unreliable car buit the civic which shares alot of componetnt with the 400 is one of the most reliable cars ever made. Now if rover had used the honda engine the 400 wouyld have been a superb car. CIVICS ARE AWESOME AND I WILL ONLY EVER BUY CIVICS

your mate is confused. Honda Civic shares alot with the Rover 400. Now the rover 400 has a rover engine built by rover which blows head gaskets, however the CIVIC uses japanese honda engines which are bullet proof and super reliable. So the rover 400 using rover engine and gearboxes is a very unreliable car buit the civic which shares alot of componetnt with the 400 is one of the most reliable cars ever made. Now if rover had used the honda engine the 400 wouyld have been a superb car. CIVICS ARE AWESOME AND I WILL ONLY EVER BUY CIVICS

Well said!!!

And as for Ryans quote about the Skoda's, the company I work for has all the VAG dealers, as well as the Honda, Alfa sites etc, and I gotta say, VAG stuff has come along way since the old days, they are a lot better than they used to be.....saying that though, they still are no match for japanese manufacturers. They may have a better 'feel' with better quality interiors than Honda etc, but I can assure you they will spend more time in the garage, as they are still unreliable German poo!!! :lol:

Anyway, kinda back on topic, the old rover 216 GTI was a good car, rover looks, (better than the concerto I thought) with a Honda 1.6 'D' series engine and box!! Shame the bodies rusted away!!

Archived