All About Intakes

MBK89

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
k&N panel filter in the original air box is just right for a near standard car. remove the resonator and you can have some growl too. Thats the set up in my deck.

On my old crx which wasnt standard and needed to breathe a lot better...

i`m not convinced by the expensive pipework and huge prices. I bought a cheapie used induction kit- kept the pipework and the silicon adaptors, but binned the cheap filter.

I got a good filter, then i popped to b&Q for some silver air insulated reflective tape, i wrapped the intake in that to reflect heat from the engine and bobs your uncle, my B20 went even better on my butt dyno.

What is the resonator and how would i remove it?

• 5 months later...

i know obviously i dont have my honda as yet but i know quite alot of the cold air feed process as when i had my 2.0 16v redtop xe engine i spent month after month to see which gave out the best performance as obviously the hot air is the problem , i even had a nice trick in my original airbox where i located a K&N conefilter and a 100mm cold air feed induction pipe.

On the calibra's its located on the tow hook flip down panel and secures to the bottom of the airbox but if theres floods etc , it would be a case of stopping slip it out of the paneel and reroute the cold air feed tube further up so no water damage would result.

very good guide , i would think i would opt for either the ITR replacement airbox or the cold air feed with the short ram .

• 3 weeks later...

do you guys have a quick method of rerouting your tube if in the event of a massice flood , as with my air intake i can pull down the tow hook cover panel and push the cold air feed pipe to the left and aim the the hose upwards as my bumper is quite low down lol ( a mate of mine attempted to drive his v6 in a flood and blew a hole in the side of the engine

004-2.jpg

001_002.jpg

Note that was a tumble dryer hose i first used and then realised she sucked like a bitch lol so then i got a 86mm professional black hose and worked a treat

• Dave unpinned this topic

Archived