All About Intakes

MBK89

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
T2eC16FHJH8E9qSEUc7MBQcvzGnRQ60_1_zpsb7ee7a8b.jpg

these not even get a mention? anyone had experience with one on a honda?

I have seen a few B series with ITB/trumpets (mostly on American sites), it's not generally considered a good way to make power even though they look damn cool. 90% of the time they will be under a filter cover pointing at the firewall unfortunately Hondas don't show them off well. The main enemy with NA small capacity engines is heat soak, sucking up hot turbulent air from a place that does not have a good supply is not good (though you can feed cold air to them massive air feed hoses don't really fit with a tucked engine bay look).

Well I was a panel beater from the age of 16 to 22 so pretty handy with a hammer and body filler would probs make a nice subtle scoop in the bonnet yeah they don't make massive power gains but they sound and look beautiful also give damn amazing throttle response i will have these one day :)

Well I was a panel beater from the age of 16 to 22 so pretty handy with a hammer and body filler would probs make a nice subtle scoop in the bonnet yeah they don't make massive power gains but they sound and look beautiful also give damn amazing throttle response i will have these one day :)

No need for subtle- see if you can get them out the top of the bonnet that would be awesome! :D . I'm sure you could fab up an angled adaptor or something to make them sit upright.

Lol thought that first post never sent, got a 404 error or similar so gave up and went back to work, and when I open to re type the MSG on my dinner the old one was sat there waiting :), yeah probs could get them out the bonnet but wouldn't wanna extend them as it can have on the manifold pressures and what not or so I've read somewhere lol, nearly swapped my mb6 for a Toyota corrolla levin 20valve 4age fitted with ITBs at the factory beautiful machine, think I'll hold out until I can afford an AE86

• 1 year later...

What do you guys think about that... The engineers at Honda probably didn't make the resonators and airboxes for nothing. I get it something has to do with the noise, but still, I mean those resonators have some function. If you look at the Akrapovic dirt bike exhaust, they actually have a resonator built in.

Must admit I've read this before and it's one of the reasons I've not taken mine out, but have just modded the airbox a bit instead.

I've always fancied seeing the inside of the resonator set up to see if it could be smoothed, but might be a bit ott..

I do intend to add a cold air feed into the bit where the 'snorkle' connects to though.

The only thing though is that according to what I've read (can't remember if it was on that link or somewhere else) the length of air intake systems depends on engine size and air flow, but as far as i know all m's have the same resonator set up(?), which must mean that there are some improvements to be made?

• Dave unpinned this topic

Archived