My Milano EP3. Eibachs and geo done!

johngreen537

lol, never enough time though...

High gloss is proving hard.... But, where there's a will and all that ;) I've managed to get a 'glossy' coat, but seems to loose a little of the pattern.

b1%20(2).jpg?psid=1

I did just price up some real 2x2 twill to make some carbon skin'd stuff, but TBH, for the extra cost not worth it.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st try was straight on with clear lacquer, but that destroyed the wrap!

So, I've sealed it with hair spray, then lacquered and it's held up much better, but still not near good enough.

Off to shops in a mo to try for some epoxy resin varnish, the same stuff the get the high gloss effect with real carbon.

If it works, I'll be chuffed, and hopefully will get selling some bits wrapped, but real high gloss CF effect, rather than more of a sheen effect!

thats what i was thinking john i had given it ago with a gloss but not found anything that looks right and works . yer a clear rez might be th way 1"£££$££"!!

Well, epoxy resin don't work! Spray lacquer don't work, hairspray no joy either!

I'm out of ideas short of PVA glue now, but that wont last 5 minutes I wouldn't think!

Have you tried clear nail varnish, don't know if it's right for the material but just an idea.

Archived