weetec.....part 2

weetec

Did the DC2 manifold change the exhaust note much for either of you running them?

Seen a few on ebay going for decent £££!

Also as Dave asked, does it line up with the cat alright?

Lastly! Cams! Just cams or are you doing the valvetrain too?

the exhaust is a quiet as oem now [smitten.gif] well chuft. :D8-) i had to modify my cat to suit the manifold as 2.5" is miles bigger. you just cant beat honda researched parts that are developed for power. look at the power of this manifold compared to others..

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3005484

then ask yourself why not. i have had a ebay 4-1 manifold with 2.5" collector, was not this good.. and the the cams and springs only at this point. leaving the valves alone. stock rev limit.

That's good to hear! My Cat-back is 2.5" (Well supposed to be :lol:) so the DC2 header and either a sportscat or decat made to fit will finish off the system nicely! 8-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read this whole thread one of the best ones on here interesting, i now want an OEM 98 spec manifold really badly ha Great work weetec.

can i ask is the 96 spec type r mani the same JDM 2.5" collector as i know someone breaking one?

Love what you have done mate noodels told me you had one fitted so went in search of your thread really glad i did it was a great way to kill time at work He he he!

have a read of this

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3005484

and this

Same peak Horsepower figure yes.

with the 98 the peak torque witch is 137lbft comes in at 6200rpm where as with the 96 the peak torque is only 133lbft an comes in right up at 7500rpm.

Makes for a much more usable power band. Plus at the end of the day Torque = Acceleration

Plus the 98spec is a full Stainless mani so its miles lighter than the cast 96spec.

you just answered my question before i even thunked it! :lol:

i was going to ask about a 4-2-1 96 spec on fleabay with 2.5" collector but now im just gonna ssshhhhhhhhh!

thanks for all the advice i now know what im gunning for 98 spec DC2.

I just read through that report i was shocked to see that the comparisons are so close to each other but really interesting read, i love realistic reports like this brings tuning back to the ground love the part which says when you buy a header make sure you buy the one suited to the work you have had done on the head not one some kids selling from his mums basement cracked me up!

• 1 month later...