MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

11 mins is pretty good, think im going to hit up gt5 right now, get a standard dc2, add 200 kgs for extra weight, and report back... lol

thats quite affordable considering the experience, set aside a grand and a bit, it'll almost cover you for new tyres, brake discs and pads, and a service to get you home.

did u lose anything on the deck, im always losing bits when im pushing it to the limit, goes from my daily to see you in a couple of weeks quite often...

anyway, im purely amazed by this project build dave... cant wait for the next installment, and im itchin to get my deck back now :twisted::twisted:

thats quite affordable considering the experience, set aside a grand and a bit, it'll almost cover you for new tyres, brake discs and pads, and a service to get you home.

im playing gt3 atm and im finding it hard to do the second last test on A licence .. keeping a car on the road at the ring is tough

dont get caught with a camera are it will be E50 fine

there is a speed limit on the start/finish

Maybe I should take you if i go again? Something else I didn't know! I was told to lift off once I got to gantry and pop the bonnet to get more cooling through to the engine and coast back to the start line which I did every lap so looks like I was lucky :)

11 mins is pretty good, think im going to hit up gt5 right now, get a standard dc2, add 200 kgs for extra weight, and report back... lol

did u lose anything on the deck, im always losing bits when im pushing it to the limit, goes from my daily to see you in a couple of weeks quite often...

anyway, im purely amazed by this project build dave... cant wait for the next installment, and im itchin to get my deck back now :twisted::twisted:

GT5, DC2 on full race tyres and filter/ECU = 7 mins 59 secs ;) I didn't think to add ballast. I bought new Toyo T1R's to go over there which come with 11mm tread, came back 5mm from memory but they are bloomin soft compared to the Michelin Pilots I normally run. £1k for a 4 day trip to the ring including service is a fair budget.

Never lost a thing from my deck, been absolute gold :D It was my daily driver before I decided to start this project, my dads before me. Had several Honda's over the years and "touch wood" never had any real problems.

Next update will be when I go to have the seat position measured again before they finish the seat mounts. I'm hoping that will be in the next 2 weeks.

im playing gt3 atm and im finding it hard to do the second last test on A licence .. keeping a car on the road at the ring is tough

GT3 - still think that was a better game than GT4 and some parts of GT5

toyos got a fair bit of spanking, not as bad as i thought it would have been, had you gone with slightly worn tyres i guess it would've meant you come home on wires.

i was absolutely shattered last night playing gt5 drove over the grass, smacked a few barriers (always the same ones), got a time of 8mins 50secs, was progressively gettin worse so gave up after 4 laps lol, i had dc2 complete stock, fresh oil, Sports Soft tyres (skipped the extra weight thot this is goig to be slow enough). Guys we should arrange an online gt5 meet at the ring it'll save about a £1000 lol

Gt 3, 4 or 5 all are brilliant, found it quite hard to adjust to GT5 at first but you've got to move with the times and the newer cars. the default controls are a mess, i've completely changed it which drastically helps imo.

@dave - i think you should stick to titan silver and get the full aero kit for the deck makes it look like a beast from the east... either that or pirates black, but i go on and off that black, dont like it when it goes purple. Titan silver is always a winner especially with the aero kit

toyos got a fair bit of spanking, not as bad as i thought it would have been, had you gone with slightly worn tyres i guess it would've meant you come home on wires.

i was absolutely shattered last night playing gt5 drove over the grass, smacked a few barriers (always the same ones), got a time of 8mins 50secs, was progressively gettin worse so gave up after 4 laps lol, i had dc2 complete stock, fresh oil, Sports Soft tyres (skipped the extra weight thot this is goig to be slow enough). Guys we should arrange an online gt5 meet at the ring it'll save about a £1000 lol

Gt 3, 4 or 5 all are brilliant, found it quite hard to adjust to GT5 at first but you've got to move with the times and the newer cars. the default controls are a mess, i've completely changed it which drastically helps imo.

@dave - i think you should stick to titan silver and get the full aero kit for the deck makes it look like a beast from the east... either that or pirates black, but i go on and off that black, dont like it when it goes purple. Titan silver is always a winner especially with the aero kit

actually my bad its gt4 .. gt 3 was good

good idea about the bonnet

are you geting a baffled sump

Yes to the baffled sump, also want a girdled crank (or a whole C6 lump would be nice). Engine will have to wait with all the costs of the cage, brakes and paint all coming in quick succession.

I 2 laps tops and take a break. Even on the real thing I couldn't have done more than that and didn't want to make any mistakes. I changed all the controls too, didn't feel right.

Will see on the colour, not sure what to do yet. It might even get to flipping a coin when I arrive with the chassis! I wasn't planning on adding any more bodywork (spoilers etc) to the car as I like the stock look. From first glance I wanted to try and keep it as stock as possible but the wheels and brakes will give it away instantly, hence why I thought of changing the colour. We will see.....