MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Omg the man with balls of steel I would be too scared to do a build like this so massive cheers go to you matey is there any inspiration for this or are u just so damned struck on beating m3s on track ? Lol absolutely stunned by the workmanship and creativeness you have put into it keep it up and I'll look forward to the update :-)

normal insurance wont cover driving on the ring either ... so hit a ferrari or worse a biker sick-smileys-1050.gif] life changing outcome

if you crash and the track is closed the cost is around E1,000 an hour :lol: ... im going to stfu now sorry :(

Car of the year if you get it finished this year mate :D:D

IF I get it finished :lol: Engine may have to wait a little longer

Awesome. 8-)

Will you be polishing, painting or leaving it. :?: (The cage that is) :)

Painting the whole car inside and out, but haven't decided what colour to go for. Looking at Championship white, gunmetal grey or stick with titan silver. Moving toward gunmetal grey at the moment but I know I will change my mind a few times before the car gets to the body shop.

Omg the man with balls of steel I would be too scared to do a build like this so massive cheers go to you matey is there any inspiration for this or are u just so damned struck on beating m3s on track ? Lol absolutely stunned by the workmanship and creativeness you have put into it keep it up and I'll look forward to the update :-)

It's not been hard to do so far, just time consuming and money (I'm over 2 years into this build now) The civic has already been quick enough through the twisty stuff to take on bigger cars on track, now I want it to be safer and a little quicker :twisted:

normal insurance wont cover driving on the ring either ... so hit a ferrari or worse a biker sick-smileys-1050.gif] life changing outcome

if you crash and the track is closed the cost is around E1,000 an hour :lol: ... im going to stfu now sorry :(

I knew about the insurance. I rang for quotes for the ring and they were approx £350 per day. Bikes were always a risk on the ring, but on UK track days they keep them separated from the cars.

if i ware going to the ring i would be renting a suzuki swift

E199 for 2 laps or the stage 2 tuned swift for E329 four laps ;) far less worries

I have considered this as it's a good option. Still expensive if you crash the car as insurance doesn't cover the first €2500 for the Swift and €5000 for the Corsa of the excess on several of the hire companies around the ring. I also spoke to the guys at Rent4ring and they were very helpful and the cars look to be very well maintained!

hmm 329 euros... tasty... but having the ur own deck that once used to be ur daily, its probably a whole different experience, much more rewarding, the build up of the work, kind of like a the F1 season without the media coverage, but hey we're here aren't we tuning in for updates. "Go team DeLaSoul"

Dave, what were your lap times from the last visit????

how much did it cost to get on the ring last time?

hmm 329 euros... tasty... but having the ur own deck that once used to be ur daily, its probably a whole different experience, much more rewarding, the build up of the work, kind of like a the F1 season without the media coverage, but hey we're here aren't we tuning in for updates. "Go team DeLaSoul"

Dave, what were your lap times from the last visit????

how much did it cost to get on the ring last time?

Lap times were difficult to measure as we had to slow down to go through the old pit lane where the Nordschliefe meets the GP circuit (if you play GT5 you'll know where I mean :D ) I didn't check properly before going and went on the same weekend and the Moto GP so they slowed us down where the 2 circuits get close to each other. Average lap was about 11.00, best lap of the weekend was 10.15. I was a bad boy and took a sneaky vid of my best lap, seemed faster going round in real life, must have been the adrenaline :lol: She struggled up the bloody hill which is where I lost a lot of time! Sub 10 easily possible given more practice. Pretty happy with I did do as I'd only put the car back on it's wheels the week before! The difference between playing it on GT5 and real life is way more than I realised.

I can't remember the total cost, it was something like £500 for 4 days (fuel, hotel, food, ferry etc) and £150 for 8 laps. Wear and tear on the tyres was painful :cry:

expensive crashing full stop so :lol:

Depends on what you hit causing the "full stop" :lol: