MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Finally! :lol: been looking forward to this update.

Its looking great is that mate! proper job! How long until you get it back?

I will try and visit the fabricators more often for updates!

Not sure when the car will be finished tbh. It was originally supposed to take 2 weeks but I have asked them to do a few more jobs and they are now only working on the car in between other projects. They had an ex works DC5 Integra and a Suzuki rally car on the go so my track car is low priority. I'm in no rush as the quality of the work so far is outstanding so I don't want to push them. 8-)

• 1 month later...

Been a while but I'm back from sunny Oman WACK11111

Progress on the roll cage has been slow over Christmas but it is looking good

IMG_20130102_233719.JPG

Triangulation has begun, and they have beefed up the rear towers

IMG_20130102_165759.jpg

They have yet to fill in the roof but it all looks good so far.

Got a call last week to say my brakes have arrived so I popped over to collect them Saturday. I'll let the pictures tell the story [smitten.gif]

IMG_20130105_112928.jpg

IMG_20130105_112942.jpg

IMG_20130105_170333.JPG

98 spec ITR hubs with custom carriers

IMG_20130106_200558.jpg

IMG_20130106_200112.jpg

IMG_20130106_201207.jpg

IMG_20130106_201213.jpg

6 pot calipers :twisted:

IMG_20130106_201507.jpg

I can't wait to fit this lot to the car and test the new rear setup

:mrgreen: wowee!! this means some new wheels as well then 8-)

6 pots are huuuuge WACK11111

whats the size of discs 320mm :?:

I was hoping to keep my wheels but I wanted the bigger hub bearing and drive shafts :cry: My "old" wheels are unmarked so I hope I can get a few £££ back on them.

I went for these 6 pots as the pistons are different sizes. Theory is that the larger piston engages first to bring the pad in gradually and reduce snatching of the brakes. Have to test that when I get the chance. I can't remember how big the disc is, but I can measure it when I get home. I ordered this kit back in November and the bells and carriers had to be custom made to fit the ITR hubs, slept since then.

I have a set of larger rear discs and updated carriers to fit as well, but these use the standard rear calliper. Larger disc (even with same swept area) = more braking power. Also saved me buying more bits!

This seems like an awesome deck :) it gunna fly without all that weight in it haha and glad I ain't the only one who has a problem with powerflow exhausts and arb I have exact same problem but haven't had chance to get back just been dealing with the vibration noise every now and then haha