Freak wagon build

FREAKBOY

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You waste gate spring sets the boost pressure . the waste gate comes with a 3 psi spring in there . you can do two things . buy the psi spring you want and fit it or fit a bleed valve . to do this fit the valve in the vacuum pipe that runs to the waste gate the more you wind it in the higher the boost .

As for management i assum you need to keep that standard ecu for the auto gearbox (gearchanges)

I had a greddy e-manage blue on my car right up to 379 bhp .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRUST-GRreddy-Ema ... 286.c0.m14

Its a piggy back ecu so you can leave the standard ecu in place for the gearbox .

The standard map sensor will read boost up to 12 psi . but the ecu will put the light on a soon as it see's boost because it does not know what it is .

you will need a map sensor for the e manage

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Boost-Map-Sensor- ... 286.c0.m14

You will also need a welbro 255 fuel pump .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WALBRO-255-FUEL-P ... 286.c0.m14

to anwser your question, you need to get it tuned as adding more air and not the fuel is not going to work.

as for low boost could be loads off thing and as you have just built it up your going to run in to loads off little problems like this.

my old erst was an arse when i rebuilt that spent near £4k on the engine on all the right bits to make it 300bhp safely, but it needed 8 hours off tuning and trying diffrent maps to get it right :o .

hang in there, get it mapped, then enjoy driving it.

The fuel pressure will be fine at the min as you are not adding more fuel once you get into the map and the fueling is going up the fuel pump will not keep up ( i did this with mine ) you will need injectors as well the standard ones will not give you fueling for 10 psi . maybe 3 psi at a push.

Have you got a vacuum pipe going to the waste gate ? Rich.

Yes the vacuum signal lines all pretty much run from one manifold source. One is to the bottom port on the W/G. If I put bigger injectors in now I don't think the ECU will see them as bigger, I do plan to get some but will only go for 440cc'ish as i'm going to stay with the 8psi maximum. They are on the shopping list.

Thanks