My new MC2...Updated finally

domandmel

• 3 weeks later...

right, finally got my springs on last sunday :D , so here are some pics to do the talking

start of with a BEFORE pic, outside my house covered in Jersey mud! :???:

2011-10-23084129.jpg

got in before work officially opens on sunday to crack on....started on the rear, mainly because most civic`s, the rear shock absorber bolts are usually seized on them!
so off with the ABS wiring covering the bolt head

2011-10-23090851.jpg

then try the bolt......and it undoes!!!! :shock::o AMAZING!!

2011-10-23091225.jpg

then undo the rear upper tie bar, just to give it enough drop on the rear trailing arm to get the shock off the lower control arm

2011-10-23091756.jpg

then remove

2011-10-23091802.jpg

old versus new

2011-10-23092309.jpg

luckily new ones are idiot proof :lol:

2011-10-23092314.jpg

and how new one looks fitted

2011-10-23092825.jpg

its always worrying when you dont have to compress the new spring to get the top mount back on!

then just fit upper tie bar back on and jobs a good`un.

now the fronts
mank!

2011-10-23104103.jpg

remove the lower shock bolt from wishbone, then i remove the fork from the shock to give more room to remove old unit.

old versus new

2011-10-23102009.jpg

had to compress the new front one, not so much of a worry there!
new spring fitted to shock

2011-10-23111822.jpg

whilst i was on the drivers side, i had to replace a split cv gaitor that i didnt have time to do before i went to Jersey.
so just remove the bottom ball joint, crack large 32mm center nut, give lower wishbone a couple of hard whacks with large hammer, and the ball joint will pop out....lovely.....remove driveshaft from gearbox (dont worry about spillage, these things never leak from the hole you have just created) stick driveshaft in the vice

2011-10-23110149.jpg

cut off old boot, give the cv joint a hard whack with a copper mallet, and the end should just fall off. i have loads of spare genuine cv gaitors at work from our rally cars, so slide the new one on, line up split ring with groove in cv end, hit the end of cv joint with copper hammer till firmly home, fill gaitor up with grease, and cable tie back on...jobs a good`un

2011-10-23111140.jpg

slide it back into the gearbox and refit shock, shock fork, lower ball joint and large nut

as expected, grease got everywhere, including the wheel, so gave it a bit of a clean

2011-10-23113720.jpg

now some after pics
this was after taking off the ramp just after re-tracking it (and washing it!)

2011-10-23140623.jpg

these were after my 9 mile journey home

2011-10-23142424.jpg

and these are after a few days of driving round

2011-10-25175616.jpg

2011-10-25175603.jpg

Verdict......mega pleased with the outcome 8-) sits perfectly, not too low at the front and still drives like its on OE shocks, just feels more planted and stable. super happy with the choice of springs after all the agro i went through before. and i really like the look of the stock wheels under those arches :D

next mod defo has to MGZS ARB!

cheers for looking everyone

all comments and criticisms welcome

Dom

Sits really well mate :D:D

i like the way this deck sits im doing my shocks (zs 180's) and springs(eibach pro) at the week end hope mines turns out looking like this

Getting this same set up on mine next week and arb with a bit of help ;) jonnny

1"£££$££"!!

Sits really well mate :D:D
i like the way this deck sits im doing my shocks (zs 180's) and springs(eibach pro) at the week end hope mines turns out looking like this

Getting this same set up on mine next week and arb with a bit of help ;) jonnny

1"£££$££"!!

i got the arb last year and its a great add on for the deck as they dont have them to start with... :D;)

still love the way this deck sits though..... :D:Dapplause.gif1 will the ride hight settle a bit more or is that it....?????

8-) sits well, dont know how long the front will last though look kinda weepy :oops:

cheers noodels....shocks should be fine, i think my phone camera has exaggerated things a bit, they certainly didnt look that bad when the springs were off....if they do go, Koni shocks will find there way on there im sure :D