20131219_171415_zpshru0rixr.jpg

21-DSCF8598_zps421cc405.jpg

22-DSCF8599_zpsf065d837.jpg

23-DSCF8602_zpse4965a08.jpg

25-DSCF8605_zps0f0d3de0.jpg

20131219_191059_zpssvamadid.jpg

24-DSCF8604_zps37ef8949.jpg

20-DSCF8593_zpsf90c8bf7.jpg

I sealed the paint with Werkstat Jett which was poly charged before application, Collinite 746s was then applied over that.

20131220_140447_zpsdexyanux.jpg

20131220_140612_zpsf1wc5tzg.jpg

20131220_151153_zpsaawfc9xu.jpg

20131220_151120_zps9tuvv2zs.jpg

• Like 1

My god the transformation is incredible!!

Great job!!

I'm just about to take ownership of my first black car, could be interesting!!

It depends on the condition of the paint and how it's been washed, mine was dull and quite swirly with lots of little scratches when I got it, smooth as glass now, swirls are gone, she has a nice deep shine and I'm slowly getting rid of the scratches. It takes time and hard work but it's well worth it.

It depends on the condition of the paint and how it's been washed, mine was dull and quite swirly with lots of little scratches when I got it, smooth as glass now, swirls are gone, she has a nice deep shine and I'm slowly getting rid of the scratches. It takes time and hard work but it's well worth it.

I'm hoping that in light of the reasonably low mileage (for these anyway) the fact it's been in the same family for over a decade and has been well maintained, I should hopefully be on to a winner.

I think this thread will shed some light on what can be done on a black car!

I'm hoping that in light of the reasonably low mileage (for these anyway) the fact it's been in the same family for over a decade and has been well maintained, I should hopefully be on to a winner.

I think this thread will shed some light on what can be done on a black car!

Yeah it should be a goodun. :)

Yeah it should be a goodun. :)

Well we're all set to meet Monday evening. He's in a flat and only has a garage so I was going to suggest getting somewhere with some decent lighting, but he already did that. So should still be able to give it a good inspection even in he dark!

• Like 1

Ok all. So with the expected arrival of the MC2 tomorrow night and the fact I had to clean up the lancer to photo and list on fleebay for selling, I have ran out of shampoo. I have always used autoglym shampoo, but have just used the last of it on the lancer.

And this being my first black car, I wanted to get peoples opinion on what shampoo to use next. The same again? I'm not in the market for ridiculously priced stuff, unless it really is a cut above the rest.

Also, I'm currently using a micro fibre MIT and the two bucket method to clean, which seems to be pretty good and then stages of different micro fibre cloths to dry down. Anything else anyone uses?? Similarly I use autoglym high resin polish too and currently have a pot of dodo juice wax.

If you have a look at, I think, the previous page a few of us have put down our cleaning methods to give an idea of what we use and in what order we work our cleaning stages but basically a weekly wash goes like this:

Wheels cleaned, rinse down, snow foam, rinse again, wash (2 buckets method), rinse again, dry and go over with a QD.

As far as shampoo goes, I'm currently using Autoglym too, I like it but its not all that sudsy. I'm thinking of trying either Meguiars gold class or Dodo juice born to be mild next. I previously used Megs ultimate wash & wax which is nice and sudsy and has a great smell.

I would clay the car first too before you go near it with the polish. :)

• Dave unpinned this topic