Car Cleaning/Polishing/Waxing Chit Chat

james

No problem, have you clayed it?

No I haven't... I been halfords yesterday to get the clay bar kit but I cannot afford 30 - 40 quid. Got paint to pay for the wheels :( 

So I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative :)

No I haven't... I been halfords yesterday to get the clay bar kit but I cannot afford 30 - 40 quid. Got paint to pay for the wheels :(

So I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative :)

Just replied in your project thread. http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_922503_langId_-1_categoryId_255233

• Like 1

I got a clay bar off eBay 180g for £6

That's a good price. I usually buy Bilt Hamber from Opie @£12. I recommended that kit because I know he's going to halfrauds tomorrow and you do get the QD with that, which is nice.

• Like 1

That was only a clay bar as already had the solution. But still £4 cheaper than halfords

The good thing with the Bilt Hamber one is you don't need a lube, just use water. :)

• Like 1

Can't remember which grade bilt hamber think it may have been medium heavy, found it to drag a little bit. But smidge of car shampoo in a squirty bottle with warm water and it was mint. I use that for all clays rather than useing a properly lube/qd. You do have to keep the bilt hamber quite warm to keep it malleable, think that is the only drawback if using this one.

The meguires clay kit is great for starting out though, nice and soft.

• Like 1

i use bilt Hamber, and as said above, it needs to be warm to work with, once warm its all good :) i only use a squirty bottle of water with nothing else in it and it works like a treat for me :)

• Like 1

• Dave unpinned this topic