Car Cleaning/Polishing/Waxing Chit Chat

james

ah snow foam, i better get some pics up of mine :) ye im just trying to sort out prices this week, as its not just a machine polish its correction aswel.

VW paint isn't too bad quite nice to work with actually, well his was anyway

people say to learn with rotary, but atleast with a DA you can really go wrong and you can use a 1 or 2 pad system, where as if your doing a full correct you need atleast 3 pads for Rotary.

im just starting out properly and haven't really got money for another machine!! will upload pics when i can find them on my computer

Ah s**t :( I wrecked a microfibre pad having the DA up too high a speed :/ plus going over awkward edges. The cars ill be doing before japfest ill take pictures of before and after. Do you use tape at all?

I WANT TO LEARN TO USE A ROTARY !!

Do you like the snow nick =]

what foam is it ?

get pictures chandler

The snow is excellent, Bilt Hamber, I think if I use it every other week it wont need a bucket wash each time, it lifts all but the most stubborn stuff off.

Ah s**t :( I wrecked a microfibre pad having the DA up too high a speed :/ plus going over awkward edges. The cars ill be doing before japfest ill take pictures of before and after. Do you use tape at all?

Pressing too hard too, happened to one of my MF polishing pads

i use MF pads (polishing and finishing) with CapPro fixers and i just F***ing love it, i first spread the polish on number 1 then work it at 5 and a half :D

i dont use tape really (for 50/50's yes), what i do is use points on the car like the door handle or badges as a reference point

the only thing is keeping the pads fresh in between sets, i use a finger nail cleaning brush to brush up the fibers again

The snow is excellent, Bilt Hamber, I think if I use it every other week it wont need a bucket wash each time, it lifts all but the most stubborn stuff off.

BH it ment to be very good im reading, dose it cost much

i only use a MF pad for cutting as i do an all in one and seems to work the best for me, if i have time i'll use a foam finishing pad, if not it'll be by hand. i only use the tape the unwanted areas i dont want to go on, little bits of tape to know where I'm going to :) plus a brush to freshen the pads up :)

BH it ment to be very good im reading, dose it cost much

That's what I read too, £20 for 5 litres, should last a wee while. 8-)

• Dave unpinned this topic