Car Cleaning/Polishing/Waxing Chit Chat

james

So can I mate but the top pic there it defo bird lime that he's eaten in to the paint, only thing you could try before resorting to painting it to flatten it down with 2500 or 3000 grit then buff might not take it all out but I'm sure it would take most of the bad look off it

I have washed the car countless times and as stated in above posts it Was caused by the polisher and i will garentee that it isnt bird crap. Those little white lines your refering to as bird lime is actually the metal the paint is on! If i wanted to i could pick the bits of paint out with a pair of tweezers.

James hit the nail on the head with the rotary machine ive been told exactly the same today.

Honestly i carnt stress enough how wrong you are on the bird crap, this pic is from the bonnet and was not there before polishing. The bonnet had quite alot of tiny stone chips all over it so he picked an area and and started polishing, after a wash. After saying look how well thats come up i said theres a mark there and he assured me it was polish, so i sat down for a fag and left im to it. Later i spy the marks on the roof and he again says its polish so he went back to it. The next day i went to top my washers up and thought what the f*** is that. And this is where were at now. All the marks are the same all 16 of them bonnet roof wing boot top of the drives side rear quarter pannel. Just seems very strange how ive polished it by hand before and nothing. Buffing machine and a rookie, well this is what you get.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Dave unpinned this topic