Car Cleaning/Polishing/Waxing Chit Chat

james

It's interesting how much work goes into some of them but amazing what you can do with not that much effort.

I'm just trying to get rid of swirls, scratches and minor imperfections, just bought some g3 fareclear stuff gonna give that a go at the weekend, was going to give wheels a good going over too but just bought jonnyricers chronos so will wait till I get them off and do them properly :D

How's yours going? got any new products?

By hand and it was bl**dy hard work, went on easy enough but getting it off took some work had to go out half way through to get another tub of elbow grease :lol:

This one is not meant to be for major imperfections and seems to have done a fair job, just used it on the doors bonnet and bumpers.

looks tasty, i want to lick it!

here s mine just after a wash yesterday, not as good as yours

DSCF4924RAF.jpg

Lowshiny2.jpg

so give me the full run down on what products you used to get it like this ^

i used flash multi purpose cleaner for lower half of the car, dodo juice born to be mild car shampoo, lambs wool mitt and sponges

looks tasty, i want to lick it!

:lol: Cheers buddy, yours looks pretty good for a wash only, (got some good reflections) I spent about 4 hours yesterday and finished off this afternoon.

First up Autoglym custom wheel cleaner sprayed on and left for a couple of minutes, then agitated and rinsed off with power hose.

Whole car rinsed with power hose, then washed with meguiars ultimate wash & wax (fancy one of those lambs wool mitts, any good?) rinsed again and dried.

Then I went over the bonnet, doors and bumpers with the G3 scratch removal cream (stunning job on the bonnet).

Then Meguiars deep crystal polish and put back to bed as it was getting dark.

Today I went over with Meguiars deep crystal carnauba wax and cleaned the glass with clear vue I think it's called had it for ages and it does a fair job.

Must admit I only go at it like that 2 or 3 times a year normally just a wash, wax, wheel clean and glass.

Glad you like it :D

(fancy one of those lambs wool mitts, any good?)

lamb wool mitt are great, but you have to remember there is no cushioning like a sponge so you could make swirls if your too hard :)

i do like them though i follow up with a full wipe down with a sponge after wards

• Dave unpinned this topic