more spring choice dilemma!

domandmel

hi everyone,

anybody using these at all, or know of anyone using them

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/ ... uct=397521

only reason i ask is that it states that they lower front 35mm and rear 40mm, and after reading about different kits giving a 'nose down look' to their car, i thought these may be ideal.

any help is greatly appreciated guys

Dom

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no unfortunately!!! i had a limit of £100, i figured if they went over that i may as well by new springs. the bloke wanted £25 delivery as well! i thought i might of had a chance, but they went mental in the closing minutes. they were probably worth it tbh, but i had a limit and didnt want to exceed it...its all too easy to get caught up in a biddiing war and go over what you set out to spend in the first place.

win some, lose some!

now to decide on which springs to buy!!

either these, or i can get some lesjofors lowered spring (40mm all round) through work for under £90. not sure which to go for yet

right... my two penneth worth on the nose down thing...

I have the eibach / koni combo and the nose was deffinatley lower, so i got some spacer rings fitted to lift the front (more because it was too low and kept scraping the tyre on the arch, than because it was lower at the front).

now it sits pretty much level..... BUT....

the car understeers much more, especially with weight in the back. just came back from the lakes and there's an awsome road over hartside pass to get there... loads of hairpins etc. it was the first time I've done it since lifting the front and fairly noticed the difference.

the rear koni shocks have another height setting, so I'm going to raise the back up relative to the front to try and get the pointyness back at the front.

just my opinion, but the nose down effect is obviously there for a reason :idea:

1"£££$££"!!

is that to stiffen the back a bit more... sure would help :)

just thinking... by lifting the front, the camber's less, so that might be another reason for the understeer.

cheers for the input guys. its mainly my missus run about for her and the little man, so it certainly wont be pushed that hard (until i get init anyway) so understeer wont be a massive problem, but i do need to keep it practical, so if having the nose too low would cause problems over speed humps etc....thats the only reason i mentioned about the fk springs seeing as they are 5mm lower at the rear.

i think the actual reason why some cars get the nose down is because the springs are not correct but a sort of universal fit across the range,

even a small difference can cause the nose down..

i dare say the mb6 is slightly heavier due to the engine/box compared the ma etc??

The fk springs seem to be for any model. maybe a more specific spring cud help with a level drop. Although i've noticed most civics are dropped more from the front!

Archived