subs in a deck

simpo

ye i done it with mine i just put 1 10" sub in cause the boot loader is on the other side ill c if i can find a pic now

SNC00167.jpg

think your right mate :oops::lol:

grahamer, did you put anything on the cover inside to strengthen it? It's normally plastic and quite vibration-prone, I'd put some foam or wooden/mdf board, otherwise that big boy will be shakin it big time

sounds003.jpg

pas side fitted the amp

sounds001.jpg

and some 6x9 boxes

sounds004.jpg

and drivers side the sub(this was the trial pic :lol: i put some dynomat behind the carpeted bit behind the inside of the cubby hole then filled the space with accoustic packing(same stuff as you get in house speakers) tiger sealed the opening and panel then screwed it all together the speaker its self uses 2 10" rings (one the speaker sit/screws to and the other behind the panel to try and stop rattles and flexing i also platic welded the rear of the handle so all i had left was a 3"vent

(i will put up some finished pics in a bit :lol: )

are those 6x9's attached to anything? If not they look like a death trap to me

The sub would still sound better if it was in a proper enclousure and it wouldnt be that hard to make a box using the contours of that area and use the cover as a fake front pannel

i used L brackets at the rear of the boxes(i did have them jammed inbetween the seat back and strut brace but when i put the seats down they would jump out of place) but i will be counter sinking them into the floor... and a box would have been better but im happy with the outcome

Archived