Strange and worrying Dyno results UPDATE !!

stoatman

HI all,

I think I have a problem. I went to a local dyno place today which was recommended and is a really top spec garage. THey have a chassis dyno which bolts directly onto the hubs , allegedly more accurate !. Anyway the graph I came out with seems nothing like my car and if the results are to believed my car is definately not working correctly . Heres the graph :

IMG_0692-1.jpg

SOme notes :

I have had the car for 40,000 miles and its always been the same.

Serviced many times , my normal garage say there is nothing wrong with it at all from a driving point of view (not told them about lack of power).

Ran on tesco 99 at the moment

K & n filter an integra manifold fitted.

Timing checked and now spot on.

Its a mystery , on the road it feels fast. Also the IAB kicks hard at about 6000, on the graph it suggests this is starts at say 5300 revs !. This cannot be true. It also looks like no vtec at all !.

ANy help appreciated , has anyone ever lost 30 horse power !

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go out and video your rev counter, doing a 0-60 run. Then you can time it which will give you a good indication of power. Also, the graph suggest you stopped revs at 7600, I may remember wrong, but the M cut's out at over 8k...

Plus as john said the stoped reving the car at 7500- 7600 mb6 make max power at max revs they always do . The mb6 limits at 8115 rpm on the ecu map on the rev counter its about 8250 rpm so they had about 500 rpm left to rev the car ,

At the end of that graph there is a spike as they put the clutch in at the end of the power run, so that was not a good test anyway if that had not happened it would have made even less .If that was on my dyno that would have been classed as a faulty run and the test would have been done again .

Rich.

I think I will have to pop and see you mate. I wanted to originally but these guys were recommended and unfortunately you are a little far away. These guys are 500 yards away . I wish I had made the journey now !!. First Ill get a film up and then organise a visit !

Archived