4-1 manifold and decat now fitted. See members vid section

vtivtec170

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ordered a 4-1 with 2 inch collector and 2 inch adjustable de-cat. Whats the best way of un doing the manifold head bolts on a 115k engine without them breaking? Are they common to break? Was thinking of spraying wd40 on a couple of times a day for a few days before removing and maybe get a breaker bar.

no need will come straight off

ordered a 4-1 with 2 inch collector and 2 inch adjustable de-cat. Whats the best way of un doing the manifold head bolts on a 115k engine without them breaking? Are they common to break? Was thinking of spraying wd40 on a couple of times a day for a few days before removing and maybe get a breaker bar.

no need will come straight off

Mine had 130k on when i fitted my 4-1 and they flew out!

think ive had a good result. I bought the manifold from the 1st link in 1st post. It doesnt mention a brand on the advert. The manifold just arrived in a japspeed box and manifold is stamped japspeed. Some japspeed ones on ebay the same are 179 quid, i paid 87.

just finished fitting 79 quid japspeed 4-1 and japshop decat (a lot better than the tegiwa i had to send back due to manifold flange missing and no more in stock). Decat much nicer quality and only 2 parts with clamp and highly polished. Will do review soon. Car now sounds like a scooby. Will be getting emissions tested tomorrow as i heard some have passed with decat on. Well pleased now its fitted.

Archived