My new Exhaust , is this normal - Pic inside-

stoatman

As you probably know I had an exhaust made from stainless while it was up on a ramp a couple of weeks ago. Literally from tubing and a back box. I asked for cat back and all looked fine and it seems good, no noises or hitting roll bars etc.

However after the job had finished I did not look under the car I just drove off . I look under a couple of days ago and I have noticed they have cut the exhaust at the original flange after the cat and literally welding the new piece straight on . Personally I just expected a new stainless flange to be connected to the cat. Was I expecting too much ??, is this how exhausts are normally made and put on ??

Here is a pic which explains it alot clearer :

IMG_0732.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I guess the cat is take offable if I need to , just expected a new stainless flange to make it look nice !, also is this flange going to corrode much quicker than the rest of the exhaust ? , I reckon so - what do I do then ?

Great , another "Mod" that has not gone as expected !. I really cant be bothered anymore I think I may just put all the cash into a box and put it towards another car.

dont be like that mate its all part of modding. just pop back and tell them to weld a new flange

Yeah I have fits and starts mate, I was never really into modding but then the bug took me for a while . However every mod I seem to go for has an element that goes wrong . Seats , exhaust , braided lines , integra manifold , powder coating !. I'll see what they say , unfortunately I travelled 50 miles to see these guys as I heard good things and the only time I could pop round is on a saturaday and saturdays are scarce.

Cheers mate

Archived