My new Exhaust , is this normal - Pic inside-

stoatman

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

things never go right for me when i mod thats the best thing about it. for example my mani change should of been about a half hour job but no didnt fit for sh!t so went from a half hour job to a 2 1/2 hour job, but you always feel amazing at the end of it

things never go right for me when i mod thats the best thing about it. for example my mani change should of been about a half hour job but no didnt fit for sh!t so went from a half hour job to a 2 1/2 hour job, but you always feel amazing at the end of it

i know that feeling!!! :D

Bolted on[off?] to what James? There's not flange to bolt it to, either that needs welding on first, or the cat flange cut off & the ends welded together (or to avoid welding I suppose you could buy another oversize piece of tubing with slit ends & jubilees to attach it; done that on bikes & it never lasts long).

The point is, and the argument that should IMO be presented to the place that's done this job, whatever method chosen, it's going to be more work than it should have been when the cat needs replacing; this SHOULD be just a nut & bolt job. That's on top of the fact that the weld they've done in stoatman's picture is a mild steel/stainless join, which will be far more prone to bimetallic corrosion & probably won't last long.

Yes to be fair on that point , it is after the flange to the rear of the cat. The two bolts visible and the one at the top should just unbolt and the cat comes off. What I am worried about is the longevity of the weld and the standard piece they have left behind rusting away first !

Archived