Hickster's MB9 Aerodeck-

hickster

I'll get some pictures up later today hopefully. They are the older Koni street kit (before you had to pay for the tiny H&R logo). Larkspeed were doing them for £180, but I had the last kit apparently.

They seem much better than I was expecting but I certainly wouldn't want to pay much more for them, I needed shocks anyway and these were cheaper than a set of KYB or Bilsteins. From the short (and fairly careful!) drive I've had on them they seem to ride like oem (good for me) with just a touch more harshness on heavy compression. The springs are heavily progressively wound as you can see in the pic, so we'll see how they react to being thrown around. I like the rake that some people didn't get on with when they had them on MB6s I'm only interested in performance I don't want it too low.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one mate, I've been recommending those clearance strt kits at Larkspeed for a while now, glad somebody got one, seemed a right bargain to me.

Looks like it sits pretty well, I don't think you get quite as much rake as in an MB6 and a little bit of nose down is good. :D

Nice one mate, I've been recommending those clearance strt kits at Larkspeed for a while now, glad somebody got one, seemed a right bargain to me.

Looks like it sits pretty well, I don't think you get quite as much rake as in an MB6 and a little bit of nose down is good. :D

I know- I probably owe you a pint!

It does sit fairly well certainly not as DTM as James' used to look anyway. I have a sneaking feeling I have bent my arb as the pass side sits lower at the front even on level ground- may be just a settling issue though. I think some ZS180 bits may be next on the list.

Looks a lot better... Decked!  8-)

wow those look nice! and give the deck a really nice drop! good work!

I have already grounded out the towing eyes at the front on the curb outside my house- officially down with the kids!

In other news I have swapped the horrid blue 20smd side lights for some 5w cree ones; loads better!

100_4352_zps642ceaa6.jpg

Archived