Hickster's MB9 Aerodeck-

hickster

I also let off early and go down through the gears on approach to save braking.

Unfortunately I am of an age that this is how I was taught to drive!

Yeah we don't do accelerating so I need to cut down on the braking, tbh the car is pretty grippy it's me that gets a bit seasick after a while. Honda removed the rear ARB from aerodecks presumably because they had an issue with snap oversteer when the boot was full, but it makes for a bit of a wobbly ride.

Does anyone know if lowering your car actually has any effect on drag coeffiency? I think I read something on ecomodder about it but ground effectz and stuff are a bit beyond me.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also let off early and go down through the gears on approach to save braking.

Unfortunately I am of an age that this is how I was taught to drive!

Yeah we don't do accelerating so I need to cut down on the braking, tbh the car is pretty grippy it's me that gets a bit seasick after a while. Honda removed the rear ARB from aerodecks presumably because they had an issue with snap oversteer when the boot was full, but it makes for a bit of a wobbly ride.

Does anyone know if lowering your car actually has any effect on drag coeffiency? I think I read something on ecomodder about it but ground effectz and stuff are a bit beyond me.

Yeah my Dad was the one who told me to do that, my instructor used to go mental trying to get me to just brake instead, I was having none of it though, passed first time regardless! :lol:

• 2 months later...

A few updates

Now in white

100_4003.jpg

More white; the gold was a bit much.

100_4005.jpg

I had my ashtray tuned by Spoon- now it goes in and out a lot faster and really holds my parking change in the corners!

100_4006.jpg

Mmmmuteki. (and dirt :) )

100_4049.jpg

100_4052.jpg

I was hoping to get a OEM spec catback made up in stainless, but nature beat me too it by disintegrating my centre section right before Christmas :roll: . Poverty solution- pattern bits and black VHT. I was hoping to get rid of my incorrect backbox in the process, but rather than being too short this one has a wiggly end that hangs below the bumper. Looks like I will have to diy it again.

100_4051.jpg

Mugen(ish) foot candy

100_3983.jpg

More stuff coming up soon hopefully- thanks to Adrian Flux. I'll try and do some decent pics when the weather improves as well.

Whats the wheel situation what size are these and what are they off look BMW mini ish? are they 114 i like them you aerodeck is pretty cool considering you dont spend huge dollars on it.

im going to fit those Energy RTA bushes i bought any recommendations?

They are Rover wheels, 4x100 I'm afraid. Some people have tried the BMW Mini ones but I wasn't keen on 17's and these are as cheap as. Not particually fond of the extra spoke; not sure why they did it when you have Rotas which are copies of R S Watanabe etc which are copies of Minilites and Compomotives. I'm pretty sure you could find something similar or better in 114 fairly cheaply.

Love the corner holding Spoon change ash tray thingmy bob!

Still sits wonky though! I can not seem to make it sit straight.

Forgot to add that me & the old man managed to pimp my tailgate with the van :roll: . Fortunately there was no one else on site to witness our dumbass reversing into each other shenanigans :oops: . Dented boot and dangly weener exhaust nftw.

Wait, hang on, you both reversed into each other :?:WACK11111

Umm... yeah- it wasn't very impressive :oops: . At a right angle so took out my tailgate (and bumper- now repaired) and the rear light cluster on the van- we were both looking out of our pas wing mirrors trying not to hit walls etc WACK11111

• 2 weeks later...

Your Ecodeck is looking well nice mate. I liked your idea of the black and red theme with gold vtec stickers 8-) I agree with you on the D15Z8 engines as you get power and economy (might not be as powerful as the 1.8 vti but the 1.5 isn't slow :D ). On £20 which is 14.94 litres I get around 120-130 miles, and that isn't bad at all. I will be watching this thread :P

Your Ecodeck is looking well nice mate. I liked your idea of the black and red theme with gold vtec stickers 8-) I agree with you on the D15Z8 engines as you get power and economy (might not be as powerful as the 1.8 vti but the 1.5 isn't slow :D ). On £20 which is 14.94 litres I get around 120-130 miles, and that isn't bad at all. I will be watching this thread :P

i was driving back from binbrook when a 1.6ls vtec aerodeck pulled out on me, and it surprised me how rapid it was. i did keep up with him, also the z4 that was following had somthing to think about, managed to overtake him on a duel carrageway leaving a roundabout, but he was having nothing of it and flew past me followed by a bike who i think was strugging to keep up....

Archived