B18C4 VTEC drinking oil?

farmerjoe

is it a newly bought car if so i have a conclusion

when i bought my 6 it was drinking a bit of oil, i was worried, but i noticed as she aged the consumption slowed down and my theory is i was minding her most likely unlike to previous owner which maid here happier ???

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next time you change oil use engine flush idle at 2-2500 rpm for 5 mins flush it out then use good quality 10 40w oil with oil treatment thickens the oil to stop it burning away depending on mileage and service history (or Lack of) the piston rings may be slightly worn if it was really bad it would smoke like a beagle!

my old mc2 was a 1998 bought it with sod all service history on 85000 as soon as i got it flushed it banged good 10 40w in never used a drop of oil really i sold it at 120 i bought her back at 145 was still solid as a rock, i broke the car up for parts and engine for rebuild its sat in my shed great engines.

i now have a 2000 mc2 same goes for that but this one had more service history and honda stamps so i know it was serviced with shell oil from honda most its life, sound like your lack of history is due to it not really being maintaned when it needed to and the engine needs your TLC i have owned plenty of hondas and not one has been bad on oil but then ive always used good oil and flushed regular.

if we was talking vauxhall twin cam then i wouldnt be suprised 1 bit they a gutter!

oh yeah HAMP filters as a rule keep the oil pressure consistant i never use anything else there awsome.

i used to use 10/40 mobil 1 and it would require a top up every 2 week. now i moved on to motul 10/40...miles better and not topped up yet. been allmost a month.

oh yeah HAMP filters as a rule keep up the fuel pressure i never use anything else there awsome.

I'm hoping he meant OIL pressure..... :o

i've bought a hamp filter to see what all the fuss is about! ;)

oh yeah HAMP filters as a rule keep up the fuel pressure i never use anything else there awsome.

Let us know what you think of them in due time

Let us know what you think of them in due time

Will do mate! 1"£££$££"!!

I fitted hamper filter on mine. Obviously don't really notice much difference. I have to top up about half lyre of oil between 3k oil changes. Think its normal to loose a bit between services especially when tecin all over the shop

Archived