DC Sports 4-1 manifold issues

GreenVTi991

Cheers weetec I knew the manifold wasnt the best - especially for my ears as i swear its resonating against the sump making a loud booming noise that is very tiring on the motorway! Is the above manifold a good replacement?

As for the intake, no idea what's been done as I bought it like it. All the previous owner said was 'its got an integra inlet fitted which is lighter than the original and has better air flow'

Is it worth trying to reconnect the coolant pipes?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when changing mani's you have to also allow for adjustment on the de-cat... ie will it fit? they are all different. if you have an adjustable de-cat your quids inn providing its the same size to match the manifold. generally speaking the 4-2-1 increases midrange power and the 4-1 increases top end power. all about gas flow. with your set-up ie that intake id have 4-1. if you can handle the odd scrape here and there.

I think the de-cat is a Japspeed one. The flange on the manifold is 2" and the cup on the decat is 2.5" - I noticed this when i replaced the fire ring. It doesnt quite fit right but isnt blowing from there.

So it looks like i need to replace the 4-1 DC Sports manifold with one that is designed to fit my car?

strange you should say the mani touches the sump? i had this too when i was going to fit a DC sports manifold to my car. on seeing this i turned it down and went for the 4-1 from e-bay with 2.5" collector. nice subaru rumble but too much cabin droan. it had to go. were all here to help, naz.

a point to consider....down side to a manifold which scrapes/hits the floor is it rocks the engine. a weak place is the gearbox torque mount. you can quite easily fracture the gearbox casing where the torque mount bracket fits the g/box. it happened to me and i thought it was the reverse light switch. on removal i noticed it inside.

:shock: can we have pic of the heater hose as it comes out of head at back :)

maybe itr head :o dont look like obx mani may have itr cams in also :twisted:what rpm does vtec open,what gearbox number on itor how exiting!! :D got the origonal advert :idea: does it have dcsport on the mani ,maybe mugen :) and and and... all these questons :lol:

drag.gif1 better!!

Calm down noodles or you'll have a heart attack!

I'm pretty sure the head has got B18C4 stamped on it, so it must be the original.

The VTEC kicks in at 4500rpm and pulls well all the way up to 7k.

I'll have to check the gearbox no when i get home - and take the pic of the heater hose.

The manifold definitely has a DC Sports plate on it.

Ys vtec cuts in at 4500 rpm and iabs in the inlet at 5800 rpm which you do not now have . As the vtec is still at 4500 rpm i would say the car is not mapped for that inlet , What ecu is fitted to the car . Rich.